Complaint Review: Southern California Edison

Southern California Edison
2244 Walnut Grove Ave Rosemead, California USA

Southern California Edison Dishonest Rosemead California

*Author of original report: Hungry???? Edison

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: 15 hours/Dinner?

*Consumer Comment: Oh Brother..

*Author of original report: Must be an Edison employee

*Consumer Comment: Really???

I have lived at the same address for 15 years.  The power goes off on average  6 times per calendar year. Every time I do my best to get reimbursement for my food and NOTHING has ever been done. Yesterday a planned power outage which was supposed to last 8 hours went on for 15 hours! Shocking, no, expected, of course! Not only did you do this on one of the hottest days of the year you went over by SEVEN hours! Not surprising, look at the records; your crews always ensure double time is allotted to them. I can predict the length of the outage based on the time it starts. When I spoke with the crew I was told they were short staffed and decided dinner was in order. Interesting, I had to eat out last night even though I was told with a one week notice the power would be turned on at 5 pm.  Short staffed for a planned outage? Dinner while an entire neighborhood is dark on the hottest day of the year so far? Edison, step it up and stand by your word! I want my food replaced this time! No arguing, no forms,no supervisors; just replace my food, reimburse me for the fridge contents and the dinner we were forced to eat out last night! I am not willing to stand down this time, enough is enough!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2014 10:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southern-California-Edison/Rosemead-California/Southern-California-Edison-Dishonest-Rosemead-California-1143117. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southern California Edison

Hungry???? Edison

AUTHOR: Jennifer - ()

Yes, I do think dinner is imperative.  However, a planned power outgage that went until midnight and was supposed to end at 5pm.

Dinner? Lucky employees, I had to throw out all of my food and we did not eat dinner. I'm wondering, did you enjoy your dinner that evening? Obviously ANYONE replying to this is an EMPLOYEE!

Oh and Robert, did you see me at the City Council Meeting?  Were you the one signing the settlement check? Really, you didn't have to shake the entire time.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

15 hours/Dinner?

AUTHOR: Hungry - ()

You think it's bad for Edison workers to eat dinner?  Should they work 15 hours without breaks untill the job is done?

Oh Brother..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Seriously, I post advise on how to help your situation and you go to the standard "You must be an employee".  So first I will just say that is 100% false, and if you actually looked around this site you would see how stupid that makes your claims look.

- Obviously?  According to you this has been going on for 15 years, the only thing obvious is that you haven't done a single thing about for that 15 years.  As for being privy to any information..again see my above comment.

Anyways, you never really answered any of the questions for people who are not as "privy" to the information as you think I am.

I am an SCE Customer and live in the Greater LA viewing area, and personally I can't wait until you go to the media and let everyone on this site know when that happens so everyone can follow your plight.  So is the news media going to be at the City Council Meeting? If so what station is going to be there, what city are you going to and what date is this meeting?

Also, I don't know why you won't post it because if you are doing everything you seem to suggest and what I am suggesting it is all public record anyways.

Must be an Edison employee

AUTHOR: Jennifer - ()

Obviously you can do math, bravo! Yes, I said an average of every other month for 15 years.  It appears you can aso read, bravo!  You must be a genius!

Strength in numbers? Obviously I have something in the works and you Edison empoyee are privy to this. Check your record's Edison empoyee, 15 hours is the average.

Instead of wasting your time replying to posts reimburse me and attend the next city council meeting!

Really???

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

It seems that there is perhaps just a bit of exaggeration here.  But if not....

Based on your report, it appears that it is not just your house but your entire block.  If we do the numbers, you are indicating that your power has gone out approximatly every other month for 15 years.  So why not go to the local News Media?  I am sure that Fox 11, ABC 7, NBC 4, or CBS 2 would love to pick up your story.  Especially if this is an ongoing issue for 15 years and it is an entire block, there is strength in numbers.  I would bet that even the LA Times would do a great article on this for you.

But one thing you didn't mention, what was the length of those outages?  Are you talking 5 Minutes or are you going to claim that every single outage was for 15 hours?

Can't wait to see you on the local news..hope you post it when the news crews come out to interview you.