Complaint Review: Southern Caltrans Co.

• Submitted: Wed, June 12, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, June 12, 2013

• Reported By: drew — Florida
Southern Caltrans Co.
PO Box 8 Beaverton, Oregon USA

Southern Caltrans Co., Anthony P. Johnson, Consumer Service Evaluator, Shoppers Select Trial Assignment, Beaverton Oregon

I received a letter in the mail from Southern Caltrans Co. including a check for more than $1,900 saying that I had been chosen to participate in a paid Mystery Shoppers Program with instructions to deposit the money then request my first assignment.

I immediately became suspicious, so I began researching online and here is what I found out. First of all I could not find any information regarding the specific business name and the website that I was directed to to activate the check was extremely basic, no information regarding contact info, web designer, or anything, just a request to login with provided user id and password and complete profile information.

I continued to research online and found that the address on the letter belong's to a different company with a very similar name and similar web address. This made me even more suspicious, so I started researching for similar online reports of scams. I found that this is a common scam in which the check appears legitimate and will be deposited in the bank account. After a few days it will appear that the check has cleared and you will be asked to withdraw a set amount and perform a wire transfer using money gram or a similar service but not long after that, the check will come back as fraudulent and you will owe the bank the money that you sent via wire transfer.

Thankfully I got suspicious and did not fall for it, hopefully my report will help others from getting caught in this scam. I have also notified the business whose name, and address is being used to pass this off as a legitimate business opportunity.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2013 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southern-Caltrans-Co-/Beaverton-Oregon-97075/Southern-Caltrans-Co-Anthony-P-Johnson-Consumer-Service-Evaluator-Shoppers-Select-Tr-1058564. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southern Caltrans Co.

involves