Complaint Review: Southern Caltrans Co.

• Submitted: Thu, June 13, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, June 13, 2013

• Reported By: Robert - Texas — Dallas Texas
Southern Caltrans Co.
Beaverton, Oregon USA

Southern Caltrans Co. I received a letter in the mail from Southern Caltrans Co. including a check for more than $1,900 Beaverton Oregon

*General Comment: couterfeit check

I immediately became suspicious, so I began researching online and could not find any information regarding the specific business name and the website that I was directed to to activate the check was extremely basic, no information regarding contact info, web designer, or anything, just a request to login with provided user id and password and complete profile information.  I deposited the check after activating it on their site, however still suspicious, I waited to see what would happen, the money did post to my account once the bank was convinced that it was legitimate, but then the check bounced.  Fortunately it only costed me $12.00 for the returned check fee, but could have cost more had I followed through with sending the cash via money gram, as mentioned in previous posts, though I still haven't clicked the "Assignment" button on their site.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2013 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southern-Caltrans-Co/Beaverton-Oregon-97075/Southern-Caltrans-Co-I-received-a-letter-in-the-mail-from-Southern-Caltrans-Co-includ-1058911. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southern Caltrans Co.

#1 General Comment

couterfeit check

AUTHOR: janet - ()

they send me a check when i deposited later i look in my account and see it didnt go through i call my bank they told me what happen it was counterfeit that was the first and last time icant believe people like this like scam folks what happen if this happen to them they never thought of that plus i got charge for it too