Complaint Review: Southern Distribution Group

• Updated: Sun, November 13, 2011

• Reported By: Fortunate — Deerfield Beach Florida United States of America
Southern Distribution Group
10 Fairway Drive suite 127 Deerfield Beach, Florida United States of America

Southern Distribution Group Dan Chasin Dan Long Neil Johnston Roweena Perfume / Fragrance Scam Continues Deerfield Beach, Florida

Just recently, this being November of 2011, I was contacted by a company under the name of Southern Distribution Group. I went in for the initial interview where the man named Dan Chasin interviewed me. He explained the the company had just expanded to Florida and they are looking for people to put into their entry level management training program. I was invited back for the second interview where he explained about what the company does and an overview of how the training works. He never did touch on who the parent company was or the history of the company or the program originated.

When I asked who the parent company was he side stepped the question and explained that they are a new company, (even though they kept calling it an expansion) and really just originated 2 weeks ago. Through out the meeting he told of how much you would approximately make and the numbers were nice for an entry level training program. However red flags kept popping in my head that this all didn't seem legit so I went home and did my own research to see what I could find on the company. All I came up was, was their newly developed website with one sentence about the fragrance industry and everything else about their management training program. Thinking that ok they just opened maybe they haven't had time to developed the website I thought to look up the names that Dan had given us, Dan Long regional manager, Dan Chasin Branch Manager, Neil Johnston Personal Director, Roweena (no last name) Office Manager.

What I found was eye opening. I'm deeply hoping the people in the room with me did the same as I and researched. I found many different stories about this perfume fragrance scam with all the same story line. Where they began was the same as mine. I'm just glad I found this info out sooner then later when they had all my info including my SSN. What I saw was that they continually changed their name, I'm sure there are others out there but these are the names that this group has gone under :

SMC Management Group Indianapolis Indiana
IMI world perfume Arizona
Sara Carl Management LLC Arizona
Perfume world Arizona
Executive Image Colorado

If you look these names up you will find many other stories of people that did continue and how this scam truly works.

After all this research I found a video by investigative guy about a company called Scentura back in i believe 2001 using the same techniques. So I have suspicion that this company is the origination of this scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2011 06:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southern-Distribution-Group/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33441/Southern-Distribution-Group-Dan-Chasin-Dan-Long-Neil-Johnston-Roweena-Perfume-Fragrance-797660. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southern Distribution Group