- Report: #357523
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Southern Home - Stanley A. Mills
Southern Home - Stanley A. MillsShelia Ln. Clanton, Alabama U.S.A.
Southern Home - Stanley A. Mills Beware Clanton Alabama
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
The openings over 3 such as the closets doors were too have double studs for support and didn't.
The termite shield wasn't put on between the foundation blocks and wood plate.
They weren't any per lines in any of the walls.All of the joist over 12 should have been 2x8 and they were 2x6.
They anchor bolts were missing the nuts and bolts on them.
Eve stripping wasn't put on prior to the roofing been installed.Porch post were put 2 in the ground.
The porch support was an untreated spruce 2x4 and has replaced by a treated 2x8.
Some of the outside plywood was not nailed to the studs and when pushed on some would come out about 4.
Missing studs throughout the entire house about 15 of them. No corner studs in 6 corners of the house.
The floor and wall height in the master bedroom is off level because of 2 foundation pillars are off level.
Some of the door openings were too large.
Couldn't open front door because layout of the stairs and the stairs had to be reconfigured. 15. Since the roof was put on 2 centers instead of 16 and the wrong size rafter boards were used we braced the entire roof between the rafters so the roof wouldnt sag between the rafters.
16. No termite bond/application was made before construction began.
17. Shingles placement to too short on over lapping.
18. The studs around the French doors had to be taken out and rebuilt to allow for the to open and close properly.
19. The siding material for the eves around the house is not useable because it was folded wrong and if put on it would allow rain into the eves and would rot so all new material has to be purchased.
to add to this he put a lean on our home and we weren't able to finish it until we paid him additional money.... and signed a waiver saying he wasn't liable for problems that may show themselves down the road so if your considering him for the job ask around a bit better than we did and save yourself the misery of dealing with him. He isnt what he say no matter how good he talks or his house.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2008 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southern-Home-Stanley-A-Mills/Clanton-Alabama/Southern-Home-Stanley-A-Mills-Beware-Clanton-Alabama-357523. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.