Complaint Review: Southern Magazine Promotions

• Submitted: Tue, October 14, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 15, 2008

• Reported By:Maple Heights Ohio
Southern Magazine Promotions
PO Box 48 Great Falls, Minnesota U.S.A.

Southern Magazine Promotions They promised me a vacation and shopping spree for ordering magazines and the only thing I recieved was a bill! Great Falls Minnesota

*Author of original report: update

I recieved a phone call saying that I was chosen to win a thousand dollar shopping spree and a 3 day 2 night vacation if i " help them with there magazine sales" Meaning if a subsribe to there magazine subsription, I had ad Idea it was a scamm I'm not stupid, but the supervisor JOHN assured me that YOU do actually recieve these things if you subscribe to there magazines. And at the time all I had to do is put 24 dollars on my credit card to order and I did.

Well 2 months later the only thing I recieved was a bill!!! I called and told them that i recieved no shopping spree or vacation and the lady said we will send that right out to you and the only thing i recieved was an ad about a vacation thing that doesnt include transportation hotel tax rental car or food. What do they cover. I got ripped off and Id be willing to speak to any attorney about this matter

Nick s
Maple Heights, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2008 10:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southern-Magazine-Promotions/Great-Falls-Minnesota-59403/Southern-Magazine-Promotions-They-promised-me-a-vacation-and-shopping-spree-for-ordering-m-381082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southern Magazine Promotions

update

AUTHOR: Nick spychola - (U.S.A.)

So heres my update. Southern Magazine promotions ended sending me my $1,000 shopping spree whis is a huge RIP-OFF! And I posted a complaint with rip-off report about the internet based company www.selectyourgifts.com which offers the shopping spree. If I want to order 10 items off the "shopping spree" I could pay up to $350.00 in shipping and handling charges! Yes three hundred and fifty dollars! What the hell type of shopping spree is that?! So if a car dealership promises a shopping spree for a test drive or a company calls you saying you've been chosen to win a shopping spree ask them if its from selectyourgifts. What a rip-off. If anyone has any other similiar rip-offs they would like to share with me please e-mail me at (((ROR REDACTED)))

update

AUTHOR: Nick spychola - (U.S.A.)

update

AUTHOR: Nick spychola - (U.S.A.)

update

AUTHOR: Nick spychola - (U.S.A.)