Complaint Review: Southern New Hampshire University

• Submitted: Fri, November 02, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 02, 2012

• Reported By: Alias323 — Monticello Utah United States of America
Southern New Hampshire University
33 South Commercial St. STE 203, Manchester, NH 03 Manchester, New Hampshire United States of America

Southern New Hampshire University SNHU SNHU levels $1000 fee on impoverished student Manchester, New Hampshire

*General Comment: Failure to withdraw and receive Credit

I live in rural Utah. I signed on with SNHU online to pursue a graduate degree, but I didn't like the classes, and I withdrew. I didn't do it fast enough to please the school, apparently, which insists I pay $1,000 for failing to withdraw fast enough. I simply do not have the money. You name it, it's happening -- my husband is too ill to work and literally needing life-saving surgery come spring (aneurysm). SNHU has told me to stuff my sob story and pay them. They don't seem to understand English: I have told them that I am destitute. Yeah, I work full time, but don't earn enough to keep food consistently on the table between paydays. I don't understand why SNHU won't simply show some mercy and cancel the fee. I didn't take anything of theirs away with me, after all. I truly need someone to defend me. Please note, I did appeal the fee, and they, of course, denied my appeal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2012 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southern-New-Hampshire-University/Manchester-New-Hampshire-03103/Southern-New-Hampshire-University-SNHU-SNHU-levels-1000-fee-on-impoverished-student-Manch-963772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southern New Hampshire University

#1 General Comment

Failure to withdraw and receive Credit

AUTHOR: Kevin - NC - ()

First I sympathize with your situation -- I have been in tough situations  like yours before.

I assume you did not withdraw in the timeframe required to receive full credit for the course.  If you do -- you DO receive full credit -- if you withdraw after the cut-off you can receive partial credit, and then past the last cut-off you do not receive any credit.   Can you elaborate on the circumstance  -- from what i understood it seems that this is on you -- and not them -- they are following their policy.  They really can't make exceptions -- they need to remain consistent unless there were extenuating circumstances for your failure to withdraw