Complaint Review: Southern Refrigerated Transportation

• Updated: Fri, January 13, 2012

• Reported By: Neal — Mound House Nevada USA
Southern Refrigerated Transportation
8055 Hwy 67 North, Internet United States of America

Southern Refrigerated Transportation SRT lies and deception from the start, Internet

it starts out with the usual suspects, the recruiting staff.  Danya was my recruiter.  Told me how nice it was gonna be to have me there.  Even sounded like she was looking out for me.  Told me if I came the 1st week of December, I probably wouldn't make it home for Christmas.  So I pushed it back.

Well, 2 days after Christmas, my father in law died.  I explained all this to them in an e-mail.  She sounded understanding again.  Well, due to circumstances, and my ability to make it to the cerimony, the burial was pushed back as well, to accomidate me going to orientation, and 2 weeks of driving.

I wrote several e-mails to Danya explaining that the only way I could attend, was to be ensured I'd make it home for the service.  Well, after orientation (unpaid by the way) and being issued a truck, I made the official request on the qual comm, as well as a verbal to my dispatcher.  She had never been notified of the situation until then.

My dispatcher then told me I would have to talk to Eric in safety.  Several hours and 2 meetings later, I was told I would not be on the road long enough to rate the time off for the funeral, and that it was too much of a problem for them to route me home ontime.  He told me to go home on my nickle, attend services and return on my nickle.  He had no respect for my problem.  His rules are carved in stone.  No allowances at all.

If you plan on going to SRT, think twice.  They have 2 orientations a week.  They put between 10 and 30 drivers in trucks a week.  That's because, they loose that many a week as well.  I saw no less that 10 driver's quit during my 4 days there.  Of course, there are always gonna be drivers that bitch about anything and everything.  But if even 50% are legit problems, that's 5 driver's a week walking out the front door.  Almost everyone in my orientation class was having to travel to recover an abandon truck from a driver that quit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2012 08:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southern-Refrigerated-Transportation/internet/Southern-Refrigerated-Transportation-SRT-lies-and-deception-from-the-start-Internet-822559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southern Refrigerated Transportation