Complaint Review: Southern Star/ Merchant Services, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, October 06, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, October 06, 2008

• Reported By:Wedowee Alabama
Southern Star/ Merchant Services, Inc.
www.mpc.net Anniston, Alabama U.S.A.

Southern Star/ Merchant Services, Inc. Fraudulant credit card processing sales telemarking Anniston Alabama

I received a telemarking call today trying to "sell" me a "free" wireless credit card machine. This call came from a rep with Southern Star out of Anniston. When I explained a bad experience with Merchant Services, Inc., a credit card service I report to the BBB on two occasions this year, they assured me they were not a part of that business.

The owner, Joe, called me back to tell me how bad Merchant Services, Inc. was and that MSI was part of a Class Action Suit, etc. I told him I would research his business and get back with him. When I looked up Southern Star on the internet, the first thing I found was a RipOff report filed last month against Southern Star for the same fraudulant practices as MSI. I also foung that Southern Star seems to be MSI working under another name.

Beware of telemarking calls selling credit card services under these names. Our company lost over $2500 because of fraudulant charges and practices.

Wedowee, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2008 12:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southern-Star-Merchant-Services-Inc/Anniston-Alabama-36201/Southern-Star-Merchant-Services-Inc-Fraudulant-credit-card-processing-sales-telemarking-378735. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southern Star/ Merchant Services, Inc.