Complaint Review: Southland Exteriors LLC

• Reported By: Alexis — Sherman Texas United States of America
Southland Exteriors LLC
184 Shadow Ln Pottsboro, Texas United States of America

Southland Exteriors LLC Cancelled Paycheck! Failure to Pay! Pottsboro, Texas

I was a T-1099 contract laborer for this company. I took care of the owners 3 year old boy inside their home while the wife was working in her office. The job was not horrible, in fact I enjoyed it most of the time. But there were a few problems.

When I started working I was told I would get 450/week for working during the week when she needed me and sometimes Saturdays. I wouldn't get extra for working Saturdays but I would get less when she needed to go out of town for a day, or even half a day. Regardless of the check amount, they were usually late.

Paydays were the 5th and 20th every month. My last check didn't come in until the 27th! I asked several times when my check was mailed and I never got a direct answer. When it finally came in, it was postmarked on the 25th! I had so many late fee's on my bills it was ridiculous! But the owners didn't care, it wasn't their problem. [continued below]....
.....

So I quit that day when my check came in $90 short and I was told "That's the last check you will ever see!" by the owner's wife. Well she wasn't lying so far. In fact, they cancelled the check that I had just cashed at my bank, leaving me with over $800's in debt with my bank on top of not getting paid for the 5.5 days I worked after the checks were cut!

I have text and called them several times and all they tell me is to send in the original check and they will cut me another one. Well how can I do that when the bank has that check? They don't care that they are putting me in great debt and making my life very hard to handle.

The other employees also had late checks and had to watch their every step when they left the office because the 3 year old liked to bite people. Once he broke skin on my hand and the owners wife would not let me go to the hospital, even though human mouths carry many diseases.

Needless to say I would never work for these people again, even if they offered me 3000 a month. The environment was horrible (the husband yelling and cussing at the wife while the kid and I are in the dining room on my first day?!?!?!?!) and getting bit by a 3 year old (and the mom not doing anything about it). It was a horrible job.

If the owner would just cut me a check for the 1300 I am owed I would be okay. My bank account is already at -$900 and growing by 2.49/day. I just wish I could get my pay so I can be done with these people! I feel so Ripped Off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2012 03:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southland-Exteriors-LLC/Pottsboro-Texas-75076/Southland-Exteriors-LLC-Cancelled-Paycheck-Failure-to-Pay-Pottsboro-Texas-885421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southland Exteriors LLC