Complaint Review: Southway Ford

• Reported By: Vanessa — San Antonio Texas
Southway Ford
7979 IH-35 South San Antonio, Texas USA

Southway Ford ,Shawn, amateur, cut-rate, shoddy workmanship San Antonio Texas

Was originally qouted $500 to $800 dollars to complete work, then changed to $1200. Needed work done so I approved higher quote on a Monday adn gave the okay for them to start (on April 29th, 2013). Spoke with Shawn and was told work would be done by Thursday (2 May).

Called shop on Thursday (2 May, 2013) to get update on my car (while I was returning the rental I had to get) expecting to be able to pick-up my car. At that time was told it was "almost ready" and he would give me a call back on Friday.

No call back was returned. I called their shop Friday afternoon (spoke with John) was told that Shawn was off. John thought maybe my car would be done on Monday. Called back on Monday afternoon. Spoke with Shawn - he explained that a lot of sanding had to be done and that it should be ready by the next day (Tuesday, 7 May).

I called back on Tuesday and was informed that my car still wasn't ready - that it just needed to be painted and they could / would do it that night. I called back the next day (Wednesday, 8 May) to find out that my car still hadn't been painted. At this point I asked to speak to the Manager (Mike Patterson). I was VERY upset with the run around I was getting and lack of respect for my time. When I spoke with him I also explained that I had rented a car for the week time-frame I was promised it would take for my car to get done (which was 5 days ago). He then tried making an excuss; saying that the end of the month is very busy for them. I told him, if that was the case , then his estimator (Shawn) should have explained that me and possibly offered to have me drop off my car at a different time of the month. That now I was out a $250.00 rental fee plus I had been begging rides from co-workers to get to my military job. He promised my car by 4 pm that day.

I went to pick-up my car and when I got there it still was done. Had to wait 45 minutes for it. When it finally was driven out the "3M" Body tape that was suppose to affix my after market body work was coming away from the body of the car (it had just been applied minutes before). Shawn came out and gave me my keys, he was very unprofessional and rude, at no time did he apologies for his actions or offer any kind of compensation. When I asked what type of warrenty the new paint job had - he exclaimed "None" and walked away.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2013 04:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southway-Ford/San-Antonio-Texas-78224/Southway-Ford-Shawn-amateur-cut-rate-shoddy-workmanship-San-Antonio-Texas-1058979. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southway Ford