Complaint Review: Southwest Airlines

• Submitted: Thu, November 17, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, November 17, 2011

• Reported By: frankg — Portland Oregon United States of America
Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines SW Airlines SW, to undo a point "conversion", claims 12 months of earned points will be destroyed. Bait and switch. Internet

I had to "convert" current points (under new system) in order to spend old rewards points.

Only after converting do I discover not a single usable flight is not available for my reward. I kindly called and asked Southwest to undo the conversion. I was told SW can undo the conversion, but 12 months of my credits would be destroyed / erased in the process.

This is unjust.

And I am quite sure Southwest is not being truthful with their claim that SW "can not" put back my old credits. As a programmer, I know this is false. Every enterprise information system has the innate ability to rollback transactions. SW should have said they "will not" bother to call someone who can fairly undo and fix the transaction.

SW is trying to walk away without honoring hundreds of dollars worth of my earned flight reward.

My points are diminshed and other flight options thus not available. My holiday budget is ruined. Although I've worked to build rewards all year, I will not be able to travel home. Shame on you Southwest.

I also suspect that I had no way of checking for qualifying flights until AFTER the conversion was made. Thus its a bait and switch - the dangling of usable fare required a commitment, after which I am told half of my rewards would be destroyed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2011 03:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southwest-Airlines/internet/Southwest-Airlines-SW-Airlines-SW-to-undo-a-point-conversion-claims-12-months-of-earne-799210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southwest Airlines