Complaint Review: Southwest Engines, Inc

• Updated: Sun, May 04, 2014

• Reported By: Chris — Irving Texas
Southwest Engines, Inc
2100 E College Ave Cudahy, Wisconsin USA

Southwest Engines, Inc DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SW ENGINES!!! Defective engine received, no refund, no replies Cudahy Wisconsin

I purchased an engine for replacement on my 1992 Acura Legend. The engine showed up, and I had my team install it without a hitch. The engine immediately had power issues and blows blue-grey smoke at idle all of time.

Messages were left for this company multiple times addressing this issue. The parts guy at southwest engines could care less about anything. He put me on hold for 2 hours, then hung up. Then put me on hold again, then transferred me somewhere else. This went on for a week or so. Then I finally told him, "no" that he could not put me on hold, I just needed the warranty department. Once he gave me the number to their warranty company I got a nice older guy who told me that unfortunately since the engine showed up defective that I had to deal with the company only. But the more important thing he said was that he no longer even does business with these people nor does he honor their warrantees due to the fact that their business is what he called a large scale scam. He said they collect bad engines, they do minor clean up work, if any at all, and ship them out to unsuspecting people. He said,"This is what they do. They sell bad engines to people to take their money and rip them off. You will be lucky if you can even get anyone to talk about a refund." In order to get a refund back they of course want you to pay to have the engine pulled out and then you have to pay for shipping back to them. At which point in time they will put the defective engine back in inventory to sell to someone else, and will never give you a refund. Avoid this business at all costs! The few dollars you think you will save are not worth it, and the 3 year warranty that they claim to have is invalid! They don't come with a warranty! Just don't do it! Have your local install-guys get a real, certified and pressure tested engine, DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2013 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southwest-Engines-Inc/Cudahy-Wisconsin/Southwest-Engines-Inc-DO-NOT-DO-BUSINESS-WITH-SW-ENGINES-Defective-engine-received-n-1075033. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southwest Engines, Inc