Complaint Review: Southwest Engines

Southwest Engines Provided me a used engine with bent cam shfts Internet

*Consumer Comment: southwest engins scam

Order #216167

Used Engine 300-76030

Audi A4 2002 3.0L VIN model 8th digit E, 5th digit T complete with 3 year warranty $2,495.00 inc. S&H

They tell me it was in stock, it then took 8+ weeks to ship, on arrival this engine looks like trash (supposidly it only had 53k miles) it was missing every thing that could have been removed, including rocker box cover, timing belt cover, absolutely stripped. Both top ends were exposed and every sealing surface was rusted, it did not have a new timing belt or heat tabs fitted, it had not been prepared in the way their web site details out and there is no way this engine had been run in the close past.

I instructed my certified mechanics shop to carry on and swap all the existing engines parts on to it and install it. It bearly ran, threw up all sorts of error codes, we get to checking and the right cam shaft is bent to hell. I notify them, they want to only talk on the phone (no paper work trail), I email them any way, they want a letter from my mechanics shop, which I provide, I have the used engine removed and put back in their create and tell them to pick it up, no response.

I dispute the credit card transaction as product not as advertised, they dispute my dispute tell Visa that I never contacted them regarding this. BS. They still haven't picked up the engine, so how do they know if it was as promised.

Now they are fighting my dispute with Bank of America Visa, who are trying to help, but I really wish I could have used my American Express, but of course Southwest Engines don't take Am-Ex

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2013 09:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southwest-Engines/internet/Southwest-Engines-Provided-me-a-used-engine-with-bent-cam-shfts-Internet-1054336. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southwest Engines

southwest engins scam

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Please join this campaign!

Hello!
    I've started the petition "Wisconsin Governor and J. B. Van Hollen Wisconsin, Attorney general and Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection:

Investigate, take action, and if needed prosecute Southwest Engines Inc. 2100 East College Avenue Cudahy, Wisconsin USA for any dishonest, fraudulent or illegal business practices." and need your help to get it off the ground.
    Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here's the link:

change.org/petitions/wisconsin-governor-and-j-b-van-hollen-wisconsin-attorney-general-and-wisconsin-department-of-agriculture-trade-and-consumer-protection-investigate-take-action-and-if-needed-prosecute-southwest-engines-inc-2100-east-college-avenue-cudahy-wisconsin-usa

Here's why it's important:
    Southwest Engines Inc. 2100 East College Avenue Cudahy, Wisconsin USA is preying on consumers. The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection is aware of this but is unable to act swiftly due to bureaucracy. Mean while more and more consumers are taken advantage of. Many consumer losses are for thousands and thousands of dollars. This has gone on for long enough. It is time for attention to be paid to Southwest Engines Inc.
    You can sign my petition by clicking here.

Thanks!