• Report: #462011

• Submitted: Tue, June 16, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 16, 2009

• Reported By:Weatherford Texas
Southwest Ford
3000 Fort Worth Hwy Weatherford, Texas U.S.A.

Southwest Ford Excessive, far Excessive charges for simple "repairs" Weatherford Texas

I had a lower radiator hose blow out on me and had to have my car towed somewhere on a Friday afternoon. Southwest Ford was the nearest location. Simple fix, just replace the hose.

I called Saturday and first they couldn't even find the car on their lot.

Anyway, they checked it out, even though I told them to ONLY replace the hose.

All told, a 10 minute job. Overall cost: $358.00!!!!

Here is their rip off price breakdown.

Hose: $100
Labor (??): 223
Misc; $25

The hose only cost like $20. I can assume the mark up, 5 times is a bit much, and over $200 labor to unscrew two hose clamps and install a hose in an easy access location?

This is robbery and to me, very unethical behavior and business practices.

I won't be going back there ever again, let alone, purchasing a car from Southwest Ford.

I would have assumed a high cost of around $150 but $200 on top of that is just unforgiveable.

Next time, I will have the car towed to my house.

Weatherford, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2009 06:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southwest-Ford/Weatherford-Texas-76086/Southwest-Ford-Excessive-far-Excessive-charges-for-simple-repairs-Weatherford-Texas-462011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southwest Ford