Complaint Review: Southwest Gas Corporation

• Updated: Fri, March 23, 2012

• Reported By: The Hair Hut — Apple Valley California United States of America
Southwest Gas Corporation
PO Box 98890, Las Vegas NV 89193 Internet, Nevada United States of America

Southwest Gas Corporation Over charging me for gas usage since I took over business. Nothing has changed as far as the bujsiness is concerned, we have the same equipment, same apppliances, same water heater, etc. I even kept Internet, Nevada

Southwest Gas has been over charging me for gas usage since I took over the business. Nothing has changed as far as the change of ownership is concerned that would cause my gas usage to increase and especially not at such dramatic increase as is the case. I took over the business "As-is" on November 30th 2011. As  far as the business is concerned, we have the same equipment, same appliances, same water heater, etc. nothing has been replaced. I even kept the same business name and staff. I have records of gas usage dating back a few years which show the average gas usage at about $17/ during the summer and the highest being at about $80/during the winter. My current usage has been at about $240/monthly since I took over this (The Hair Hut's) account (made business owner name change to my name). Last month I contacted Southwest Gas and asked them to please look into this increase, so they sent a tech out to inspect. According to the Tech "there seems to be no problem". He said it appeared to be legitimate gas usage and that we just had to watch our usage. Therefore, the following month I set out to test this notion by turning off all heating appliances including the gas dryer assuming that since there is hardly any heat/gas consumption, besides the sink water used to wash our hands, we shouldn't have such a high gas bill the following month. Yet, this was not the case my bill was still extremely high at $170 for the month of March. I have tried contacting the Gas company to no avail. They have ignored my pleas and at this point I have honestly lost my patience with them. I am a small business owner trying to get by these tough economic times and feel so frustrated with so many bills hanging over my head. I am trying to cut down on overhead costs in order to keep my business open and am currently doing all I can to keep my utilities at the bare minimum which is why I'm so frustrated with Souwest Gas' "sudden usage hike". I know there is no sudden rise in gas usage cost, therefore, I feel that the name change on this account is what might have prompted this company to hike up my bill. I'm not sure what the procedure is on new accounts for this company but what I do know is that the generated bill amount is not reflecting the accurate usage amount. In fact it is well over the actual gas usage pertaining to my business address.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2012 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southwest-Gas-Corporation/Internet-Nevada-89193/Southwest-Gas-Corporation-Over-charging-me-for-gas-usage-since-I-took-over-business-Noth-858383. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southwest Gas Corporation