Complaint Review: Southwest Oklahoma Federal Credit Union

1806 NW Liberty Ave Lawton, Oklahoma United States of America
  • Phone: 580-353-0490
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Southwest Oklahoma Federal Credit Union Teachers Federal Credit Union LIARS, RUDE, DECEPTIVE, WILL NOT APPROVE YOU FOR A LOAN UNLESS YOU HAVE A 750 ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT! Lawton, Oklahoma

I called and spoke to them about a loan and gave them my information. I told them about my credit history and about my credit. I was honest to him and told him that my credit was a low score. I live about 70 miles away from this credit union, so usually I don't get dressed up nice just to go to a credit union and apply for a loan unless I know I'm going to be approved. I was told more than likely it would be approved. I get there and talk to the person I spoke with over the phone. He told me everything looks fine, but he wanted to run it by one of the managers. The main manager walks by I say Hi! He looked at me like I just flipped him the bird. I sat there for a bit and then another guy asked me to come into his office. He flipped through my credit report and says hmmmm. I said what's the problem? He says well we can't approve this loan right now because you have a maxed out credit card of five hundred dollars and we usually can't approve loans that are below 750 anway, so you'll have to get your credit up before we can do anything. I told him that I don't live in Lawton and drove 70 miles after I was told my loan would be approved over the phone! He says well I'm sorry. I said you're sorry? I got up grabbed my jacket and walked out of his office. Across the lobby the big fat head hauncho walked out of his office with a cup of coffee and waved at his loan officer the one who just turned me down. Unless you're wealthy and have a high credit score, avoid this credit union, or you'll regret ever wasting the time and gas money to apply for a loan there! Driving 70 miles and wasting my time and gas money to get turned down was to me a huge RIPOFF!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2013 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southwest-Oklahoma-Federal-Credit-Union/Lawton-Oklahoma-73505/Southwest-Oklahoma-Federal-Credit-Union-Teachers-Federal-Credit-Union-LIARS-RUDE-DECEPTI-1008714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southwest Oklahoma Federal Credit Union

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC