Complaint Review: Southwest Van Lines

• Submitted: Thu, April 12, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, May 01, 2007

• Reported By:Spring Texas
Southwest Van Lines
5521 Reseda Blvd. #201A Tarzana, CA 91356 Tarzana, California U.S.A.

Southwest Van Lines ripoff dishonest moving company will not pay claim Tarzana California

*Author of original report: UPDATE

I contacted World Moving Services to move my family from New Mexico to Texas, they contracted Southwest Van Lines to be the carrier. I recieved a call from the driver saying they would pick up the next morning at 7 a.m. they showed up at 10:30 a.m. they said it should take them a few hours to load up. I had most of the boxes in the garage already. They cut up my new hardwood floors and left blue marks on my newly painted walls. They left at 8 p.m. leaving behind a swing, and other items that wouldn't fit.

I was told by the driver that the bill would be 825 dollars more but I called WMS and they took care of that. I never got a weight although I asked three times.

We watched them unload our things. There was the driver and his rider (helper). They threw boxes off of the truck. Other things fell off. Alot of things were damaged. I am missing things also.

I filed a claim for the broken items the carrier recieved it on May 3, 2006. It is now April 2007 and it has not been paid. The owner Mr. Eli was suppose to contact me three times and has yet to do so.

Before the driver left he said he was sorry for all the mix ups.

I am sorry that I called World Moving Services and they called Southwest Van Lines. Neither company is worth the 7,157.77 dollars I paid them.

Jennifer
Spring, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2007 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southwest-Van-Lines/Tarzana-California-91356/Southwest-Van-Lines-ripoff-dishonest-moving-company-will-not-pay-claim-Tarzana-California-243676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southwest Van Lines

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

I received a check for 232.00 after telling the company I was contacting BBB and DOT. This does not cover what they broke or the hassel they put me through but I feel lucky to get anything back from them.

Never do business with these people!