Complaint Review: Southwestern Advantage

• Updated: Thu, August 11, 2011

• Reported By: I_hate_Liars — Wisconsin United States of America
Southwestern Advantage
2451 Atrium Way Nashville, Tennessee United States of America

Southwestern Advantage Southwestern Company Is not giving me my money back. Nashville, Tennessee

Southwestern Advantage seemed like a good company at first, especially with the very kind representative. I ran into a financial situation and decided that it would be best to cancel my account. It was almost 3 days after I created it in the first place so I decided to cancel it just in time.
   The first time I called, the lady on the phone told me that it was past three days and so I couldn't cancel my account anymore. I thought this was BS so I decided to call back in. The next lady told me that I can cancel my account because it was within the three day period. All I had to do was fill out my paper and the check that the representative had wouldn't be cashed. I specifically asked them to contact their representative to inform him not to cash the check just in case my bank had problems with blocking the check. Now remember that I had asked them to contact their representative.
   Turns out that my bank didn't file my paper right away and so the check was cashed. I called back in to complain and let them know that I was not happy with them and that I wanted my refund. They told me that I would have to fill out a simple paper and send it in again. So I did. Well I never received my money and decided to call back in to see when I would be receiving my money. They told me that I was not getting a refund because I did not send a copy of the front and back side of the processed check and until I do I will not be receiving anything from them.
   I have been working with my bank for the past two weeks trying to track down this check. Still no luck and I am still getting e-mails from them saying there will be no refund. I decided to report them to the BBC because I believe that this is unfair and that if they were a proper company they would've explained the entire cancellation process to me in the first place.
   Now that is not the only thing that went wrong. The representative showed up at my house around 10 p.m. last night with my order! I invited him in and explained to him that I had already cancelled my account. He said he didn't even know about it and told me, "The company usually contacts me to let me know who cancelled their accounts so that I do not have to deliver the merchandise. If they do not contact me then they send me a slip letting me know who cancelled their account." This little bit of information made me even more angry. I CANNOT believe what this company is putting me through! So, this representative said that he felt bad for me and that I should just keep the books and he will work something out with the company. I told him absolutely not because I don't want anything to do with the company. Even though he kept insisting, something was telling me that if I accepted then he would mark it off as delivered and the company would tell me that I took the merchandise so now I owe them more money.
   I am contacting them once again today to inform them that if they do not give me my refund then I will take this matter further. Please anyone, if you come into contact with this company and decide that the merchandise may be worth it, make sure you check into every little aspect and know what you're getting into. Otherwise stay away from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2011 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Southwestern-Advantage/Nashville-Tennessee-37214/Southwestern-Advantage-Southwestern-Company-Is-not-giving-me-my-money-back-Nashville-Ten-763824. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Southwestern Advantage