Complaint Review: Sovereign Bank / Identity Protector

• Updated: Fri, February 01, 2013

• Reported By: Ripped_in_RI — Providence Rhode Island United States of America
Sovereign Bank / Identity Protector
Providence, Rhode Island United States of America

Sovereign Bank / Identity Protector They could not care less Providence, Rhode Island

Ever since Sovereign was bought by Santander they have been a train wreck.  I could go on for days about the overcharges and mismanagement of my accounts.  The branch staff, well-meaning as ever, are hamstrung to accomplish anything due to Santander's arcane new software and an utterly useless central office who appears to accept their requests and then stubbornly ignore them.

Last year, they mysteriously stopped deducting an automatic revolving loan payment from one my accounts.   When the loan was frozen with no notice I started an inquiry.  I took a FULL YEAR to resolve their paralysis, have the bogus charges refunded and reactivate the loan.

I have so much going on at this bank that bailing out would be huge hassle.   Now, however, I'm closer than ever.   I learned today that one year ago, without warning, they discontinued my credit monitoring services due to another internal billing error.  The couldn't be bothered to make a call or send an email.  They just hung me out to dry.  Lucky for them there doesn't seem to have been any fraud.  What a law suit that would have been.

I hate this bank.  Santander must be Spanish for "dare us to give a f**k".  Steer clear.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2013 02:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sovereign-Bank-Identity-Protector/Providence-Rhode-Island-/Sovereign-Bank-Identity-Protector-They-could-not-care-less-Providence-Rhode-Island-1007421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sovereign Bank / Identity Protector