Complaint Review: Sovereign Bank

• Submitted: Mon, August 08, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, August 09, 2011

• Reported By: Sovereign bank victim — NORTH ANDOVER Massachusetts United States of America
Sovereign Bank
North Andover Branch North Andover, Massachusetts United States of America

Sovereign Bank chargea inactivity fee unethically!!! North Andover, Massachusetts

*Consumer Comment: SCUMBAGS!

I opened a small business account (for my tutoring service) at Sovereign Bank in 2009. The bank representative assured me that there will be no fees or charges on my account. I deposited $240 and waited for my debit card to deposit more. After two weeks of not receiving the card, I contacted Sovereign Bank to send me a new card. I haven't received the new card since, and couldn't deposit my checks through ATM. Recently, I received a letter from Sovereign bank that they charged $160 inactivity fee from my account.

I visited the bank and explained the situation and told them they don't have a right to charge me without notice. The manager told me that I have agreed and signed to pay the inactive fees, however, I look into the issue more and found out that this new regulation of $16/month inactivity fee started in October, 2010. Therefore, I definitely haven't signed such an agreement and they definitely haven't send me any notice. They unfairly, unethically and even without a notice, charged me $160 from my account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2011 07:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sovereign-Bank/North-Andover-Massachusetts-01845/Sovereign-Bank-chargea-inactivity-fee-unethically-North-Andover-Massachusetts-762668. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sovereign Bank

SCUMBAGS!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

REPREHENSIBLE B***ARDS!

Since they won't send you an atm card, (per their agreement) and you can't make deposits at their atm, I suggest you use their night deposit box when depositing your bag of feces!

LOWLIFE SCUM!