Complaint Review: Sovereign Bank

• Submitted: Tue, November 25, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, November 25, 2008

• Reported By:North Kingstown Rhode Island
Sovereign Bank
www.sovereignbank.com Reading, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Sovereign Bank Incompetent - they lost my payment and they are harassing me! Reading Pennsylvania

I have a truck loan with Sovereign. I got a call from them yesterday that the payment is now 32 days past due. I sent it in on Oct 31st. The woman who called told me I had not sent it. After hanging up with her I called my bank and Sovereign sent them the check for processing on Nov 4th and the records show it was paid. I asked for them to copy the check and also askd for any numbers or other info on the back of the check so I could call Sovereign in the meantime. I called Sovereign back with the info and the woman said she would look for the payment. Two minutes later she came back on and said I had not sent a payment and that the info I hve her was meaningless. I got another call from collections this morning about my payment which infuriated me. I used some unlady like words to tell the rep what he should be doing and hung up. I called back the loan dept and they said it is noted in my account that the payment was "lost" and I am going to send them a copy of the check. I explained that this is a big inconvenience for me, plus if they put negative info in my credit report, I would end up with issues. I told them I know I can dispute this in writing, and that if I do so they cannot report this and asked to whom I should send the letter. She would not provide me with the adddress to dispute the payment and said they will remove any negative info after they "complete the investigation" and that would be enough. I told her it would nto with the way the banking system operates and what would they do if in the meantime I am denied credit or my interest rates are jacked up? She said I could get a letter when it was over, but of course I have to contact all my cc companies and do the work when they have made the error.
Whenever I talk to them it is onvious they think I am lying and stalling for time. The arrogance is incredible and the attitude that I should be taking the brunt of this is incomprehensible. With the banking bailout, all of these banks ought to be a bit nicer to everyone since we are paying for them to stay afloat.

This is not the first problem I have had with this bank, and I plan to make sure everyone knows how incompetent they are.

Donna
North Kingstown, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2008 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sovereign-Bank/Reading-Pennsylvania/Sovereign-Bank-Incompetent-they-lost-my-payment-and-they-are-harassing-me-Reading-Penns-394870. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sovereign Bank