Complaint Review: Sovereign Bank

• Submitted: Wed, August 11, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, January 09, 2008

• Reported By:Wyomissing Pennsylvania
Sovereign Bank
840 Penn Avenue Wyomissing, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

SOVEREIGN BANK SWINDLES AND LIES TO ITS CUSTOMERS! Rip-off! Wyomissing Pennsylvania

*Consumer Suggestion: THIS IS HOW TO FILE A COMPLAINT

Sovereign Bank claims it will buy checks from other banks if you open a checking account with them. Unfortunately Sovereign Bank bought my bank, Berks County Bank. I had about $10 dollars worth of checks that I attempted to sell after using the starter checks Sovereign Bank gave me.

When I went to sell my Berks County Bank checks To Sovereign Bank the moron I was dealing with told me the buyback period was over. He couldn't tell me when it had ended. He didn't show me any documentary proof. He just insisted he couldn't buy my checks -- despite the fact Sovereign was still buying checks from other banks!

Sovereign Bank then stole money from me by replacing my free Berks County Bank ATM card with their own check card which I had not requested and which has a $12 annual fee.

Not wishing to be ripped off any further I closed my checking account and opened a savings account to get a free ATM card. They told me it would arrive at my house in seven to ten business day. Three weeks later when I called to find out where my card was I was told it hadn't even been ordered. I immediately closed my account and pulled all my money out of Sovereign Bank and I will encourage everybody I know to do the same due to their unethical and shoddy business practices.

Pete
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2004 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sovereign-Bank/Wyomissing-Pennsylvania-19610/SOVEREIGN-BANK-SWINDLES-AND-LIES-TO-ITS-CUSTOMERS-Rip-off-Wyomissing-Pennsylvania-103156. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sovereign Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

THIS IS HOW TO FILE A COMPLAINT

AUTHOR: Bostonian - (U.S.A.)

If anyone is having ANY problems with Soveriegn Bank and need to file a complaint against them please do so. They state that there is no place to file a complaint but there is. Massachusetts does not have jurisdiction over this crooked banking institution so they forward your complaints to the right people. I am submitting that information in this post for all who need it.

Office of Thrift Supervision

Harborside Financial Center
Plaza Five, Suite 1600
Jersey City, NJ 07311

Fax# 201-413-7541

The fax number is for written signed complaints.

Good Luck