Complaint Review: Spa Assemblers - Swim And Spa Factory

• Submitted: Mon, September 17, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, September 17, 2007

• Reported By:Floral City Florida
Spa Assemblers - Swim And Spa Factory
6037 17th St. East Bradenton, Florida U.S.A.

Spa Assemblers - Swim And Spa Factory Deceptive Con Artists Bradenton Florida

I saw an ad in paper. Went to Orlando (October 2005) to view sample hot tubs (first hint: showroom was a storage facility near Bee Line Expressway). I chose the hot tub with options I wanted and wrote a check for full amount and have signed contract with warrantee info and details. Was told had to pay for delivery and set up ($300) when it was delivered (by 2 immigrants). When hot tub arrived (two weeks late) I noticed the tub did not have foam insulation installed like the ones I viewed in Orlando. Called and spoke with Larry immediately and was told that all was needed on a spa in FL was aluminum covered bubble wrap around unit, that this was industry "standard". I told him that was "bait and switch" and not legal; I was then assured a technician would install the foam at my residence.

After numerous phone calls and being put off I finally got a result. They hired some guy to come and install the foam with 10 cans of spray foam insulation (the kind you buy to fill gaps and holes with). What a joke. The technician agreed with me that this was not the proper material to do the job. I called Larry again and let him know in no uncertain terms that I was not satisfied with this "cheap and unsound solution". Larry then informed me he would have someone come and pick up the spa and replace it with another one.

Well, I kept waiting and waiting and have a recorded message from Nick in July of 2006 that my spa was "in production" and scheduled for delivery "next week" and that Larry is "out of town" till Monday. Well, once again I wait for yet another month and no tub replacement. At the end of August 2006 I finally get through to Larry, he said he is not delivering the replacement spa as promised, was loud, crude, rude, obnoxious and evil tone. I informed him I would take further legal action via a letter. One week later I receive a brief letter with no letter head or return address stating that spa assemblers is no longer in business. Go figure. Lo and behold, I am searching this web site and find that in actuality, they are still in business and still ripping people off! Do yourself a favor.....do not deal with these con artists!

Michelle
Floral City, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2007 06:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spa-Assemblers-Swim-And-Spa-Factory/Bradenton-Florida-34203/Spa-Assemblers-Swim-And-Spa-Factory-Deceptive-Con-Artists-Bradenton-Florida-274868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spa Assemblers - Swim And Spa Factory