Complaint Review: Spa Venice

1867 Tamiami Trail South Venice, Florida United States of America

Spa Venice Marc Michaels, Spa Venice Scam Venice, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Few indicators of fact

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: www.spaveniceincscam.webs.com

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Spa Venice Reply to false statements!

*Author of original report: Marc Lee Michaels Spa Venice Scam

BEWARE!! DO NOT ENGAGE IN ANY SORT OF A BUSINESS VENTURE WITH MARC AND ANNETTE MICHAELS!! YOU MAY GET SCAMMED!!

Let me tell you my experience and you can judge for yourself.  Please keep in mind that in order to publish my story on the internet, my story has to be based on fact and be proven by either documentation or witnesses.

In December of 2007, I told an acquaintance of mine that I was planning to go to school to become an aesthetician.  She informed me that the aesthetician that she goes to, Annette Michaels, was looking for a business partner to open a spa with.  She gave me Annettes phone number in case I was interested.  I felt I did not have the knowledge to do this type of venture so I never called.  A few weeks later on New Years Eve, I received a message on my home voicemail.  It was from Annette Michaels stating that she wanted to meet me and that she had a proposition that I could not pass up. [continued below]....
.....  Intrigued, I met Annette Michaels and her husband, Marc Lee Michaels on January 1st 2008.  They were looking for a business partner to help finance their spa.

They had already committed to a location in Venice Florida and showed me blueprints of a day spa they had planned and named Spa Venice.  I wanted my husband to meet them, so that evening we all decided to go out to dinner.  They presented themselves as knowledgeable business people with a loving marriage and 3 wonderful children.  They told us about their successful Country Music Live magazine venture and even showed us copies of their magazines.  Unfortunately for them, they also told us how the events of 9/11 destroyed their magazine business.  Nonetheless, it was all very impressive.  Their spa proposal sounded good, and I was happy that upon graduation from school, I would not only have a place to work but also be part owner of a spa.

The decision to go into business with them was the biggest mistake of my life.  I entered into a business deal with Marc and Annette Michaels with faith in them and with an open heart.  Two people who acted as our friends and as business partners.  They had nothing but a signed lease and an empty location with no means to finance the spa.  They took my money to start a business, created an environment that ran me out and left me holding their problems and moved on.  They have not agreed to pay me back for my share of the business.  As a result I have been harassed non-stop by creditors, am being sued by one of the creditors, and paying on an equity loan, personally, for a spa that I have no access to.  On June 4th, 2010 I decided to file a civil suit against Marc and Annette Michaels for contract and indebtedness.

During all of this time, I have learned of other people who have lent them money for the business and have not been paid back, or are paid a small amount just to keep them from filing a law suit against them. They promise people they will pay them, but in the end they never do. Lawyers, landlords, web site companies have all been ripped off by the Michaels' , they take services from others and then never pay them back. I have also found other things on the internet showing their wake of destruction and deception to rip off other people. The purpose of my putting this report out is to prevent other people from ever going into business or "loaning" them money, because they will never pay you all your money and no matter how much they act like they care about you--they dont! They are masters of deception and I consider them to be the "father" of all lies.

The definition of scam is: "victimize: deprive by deceit."  You can decide if Marc and Annette Michaels are scam-artists.  I cannot say what my next move will be as the Michaels will probably be reading this. The only thing for me to do is to write my experience with Marc and Annette Michaels and post it on the internet so that perhaps someone else who may be considering any business arrangement with the Michaels either loaning them money via Marcs promissory note or any other type of business deal may read this and be spared my fate. Thank you for reading my story.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2011 08:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spa-Venice/Venice-Florida-34293/Spa-Venice-Marc-Michaels-Spa-Venice-Scam-Venice-Florida-757046. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spa Venice

Few indicators of fact

AUTHOR: Robert MacAvoy - (United States of America)

I am always glad to see complaints like this one posted.  I teach a course on how to determine when to place value on a public posting and when to discredit it.

For the class members you know what you are supposed to look for in this report to understand why it should be disregarded as valuless.

For other members of the public these are questions and comments you might want to think about.

1) The poster does not use a real name.  This is generally because what they are posting is not the truth and they know they may be in danger of lawsuit because of the post. This is a strong indicator that the person is lying.

2) "...in order to publish my story on the internet, my story has to be based on fact and be proven by either documentation or witnesses".  This is referred to as appeal to a higher authority among other logical problems.  It is always humorous that people would treat the reader of their post with such contempt that they believe by posting something like this it adds credibility.  And we all know that when it is on the Internet it must be true.. Elvis is alive, aliens have kidnapped my neighbor and my pet canary can play Handel! To make a comment like this is to assume readers of the post are lacking in intelligence and treats them with great disrespect.

3) "On June 4th, 2010 I decided to file a civil suit against Marc and Annette Michaels for contract and indebtedness".  The three primary forms of decepton are telling a blatant lie, presenting facts in a deceptive manner, and omitting relevant facts.  I looked into this and found that the lawsuit was dismissed by the judge.  There was so much evidence that the person making this complaint has no basis for a complaint that it was dismissed.  Why was the fact that an independent person, experienced in disputes of this sort found it to have no basis in fact not added to this story?

4) "... they will never pay you all your money and no matter how much they act like they care about you".  It should always be a major sign of concern when a person knows the future, unless of course you believe that sort of thing.

5) "... I consider them to be the "father" of all lies".  This is one of the most disconcerting comments.  This is a specific reference to John 8:44 in the Bible where Satan is referred to as the father of all lies.  What is the purpose of this?  Are they really so emotionally unstable that they believe the person is Satan?  Probably not.  The problem is that a reference like this is yet another attempt to appeal to a higher authority.  After all, if they know a reference like this then they must be good Christian people who read their Bible daily.  Unfortunately, people like this are the bane of those of us who do read, believe, and practice Christian ethics.  You could not put forward a worse representation of Chrsitianity than to use it in a self-righteous manner to abuse another person. It is no wonder the Church has lost so much respect among the people, people like this give them a reason to feel that way.

6) Since the anonymous poster gave so much information let's look at it.  They named the company and owners.  But, on the Florida division of Corporations website it shows that Dorothy Buitron was the president and sole officer of the corporation in the January 5, 2008 filing.  The Michaels are not officers and hold no position whatsoever in the company.  It is her company. On June 18, 2008 Michaels are added as Treasurer and Secretary.

Just some things for readers to think about.  In the meantime, this will be a regular part of my coursework.

Since the prior posted indicated where a response could be found I looked at it too.  Here is the link.  It is not polished but appears to have many more indicators of fact.
<a href="http://www.spaveniceincscam.webs.com/">Spa Venice Detailed Reply</a>

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

www.spaveniceincscam.webs.com

AUTHOR: Spa Venice - (United States of America)

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Spa Venice Reply to false statements!

AUTHOR: Spa Venice - (United States of America)

Although the poster has chosen to use an assumed name, the comments the Buitrons published here are grossly exaggerated, distorted and untrue!

My wife and I invested many times more into the business than they did.  They failed to honor their agreement of what they would invest and this resulted in our incurring thousands of dollars of additional debt ourselves. But,  through hard work, dedication and personal sacrifice we have continued to pay our bills and operate as a successful business despite their malicious attempts to close it!  When you treat people right your business grows and we have continued to grow by providing quality service to our customers.

Their lawsuit against us was "thrown out" and their attorney faces potential sanctions from the court for legal misconduct and a frivolous lawsuit that has no merit!  As a result they are now trying to destroy us in the court of public opinion by purposely deceiving and misinforming the public.

For anyone interested in reading the whole story below is a link to a website containing the truth about what happened.

Marc and Annette Michaels,
Spa Venice

Marc Lee Michaels Spa Venice Scam

AUTHOR: Toto - (United States of America)

To read my full story, please go to the website: www.spaveniceincscam.info