Complaint Review: SpaGuts.com

SpaGuts.com
3921 East La Palma Internet United States of America

SpaGuts.com Deceptive Trade Practices , Internet

*General Comment: Another buyers view of this situation

*Author of original report: Their website warranty page!

I contacted Spaguts.com because the wetend plastic covering was cracked and needed to be replaced.

The website stated that the parts "Motor/wetend" are covered with a 3 year warranty. The sales person said it was not covered under the warranty.

I told her that I would file a complaint with the BBB, which I have done so. I complained about the company's Deceptive Trade Practices, the warrantee information is misleading and not clear on it's coverage and is meant to persuade the customer into purchasing with their company!

They want me to send in my whole motor when the damaged part is removable, but if I remove it my self I will void the warranty on the motor. Why would I send in a spa motor when it is not broke and risk it being damaged during mailing when the part attached to the motor can be removed and replaced by a forth grader with common sense!

This company is truly a rip off and I recommend everyone not to purchase with them. I will file complaints with the Attorney General and the Insurance Commissioner also! Their deception and lying regarding their 3 year warranty needs to be stopped!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2011 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SpaGutscom/internet/SpaGutscom-Deceptive-Trade-Practices-Internet-692672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SpaGuts.com

#1 General Comment

Another buyers view of this situation

AUTHOR: Bill - (United States of America)

Unfortunately the complaint does not list even a speculation as to how the "wet end plastic covering" (whatever that is) cracked. I admit that I am presuming that this person is talking about the pump housing or casing.  I am also presuming that the pump arrived with a broken housing (but that isn't stated either).

In fairness to the seller, one must recognize that there are many ways that the buyer could have broken the pump housing.

While the pump is indeed detachable, in most cases detaching the pump from the motor is NOT a trivial matter. The pump housing is easy to detach and the pump impeller (while in most cases locked onto the shaft) is not too  terribly difficult to remove, putting all of that back together and not having a shaft seal leak is not something the average mechanic can accomplish.

Like this buyer, I would be loathed to have to ship both the pump and motor back to the seller but I can easily see why the seller would want that to happen and there are further reasons if the pump might not have been damaged in shipping.

Their website warranty page!

AUTHOR: M.S - (United States of America)