Complaint Review: Space Coast Credit Union

• Phone: 954-704-5000
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Space Coast Credit Union sccu.com Not A Credit Union Boca Raton Florida

*Consumer Comment: The bank manager was right...

*Author of original report: Update

*Author of original report: edited

RE: Checking Account  Dear SCCU,  I am very disatified with your service on-line and the limited branches you have in the West Palm Beach County area. (really you only have one in West Boca you could call it Broward County.) I was a member of Eastern Finacial since 2002 and recently had to close my account and reopen a new one with you in June 2013. I requested notification if funds were Non Sufficant to prevent what happen which is unacceptable.

Also your on-line banking is very case sentivie and you accidently type something in wrong your block and I get e-mails of notification I can not access.  Because of your bulnder  10 NFS Fees of $300 were charged to my account. You call you self a credit union and your open to the general public does not matter if your in a company union or not. You sould refund all my NSF charges to my account but I guess your not really a credit union are you. If you want to be the Walmarts of banking your doing a great job.  Thank you,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2013 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Space-Coast-Credit-Union/Select-StateProvince/Space-Coast-Credit-Union-sccucom-Not-A-Credit-Union-Boca-Raton-Florida-1085767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Space Coast Credit Union

The bank manager was right...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

- The manager is right..this was caused by you not managing your account and it is proven by your own words...

You stated..." I requested notification if funds were Non Sufficant to prevent what happen which is unacceptable."

- If you manage your account by keeping a written register there is NO reason you need to rely on the bank to tell you when you are running low of money.  But even if they do..they only know what has been submited to them.  They have zero idea what you have spent until the merchant submits the debit and/or check.  But your register will still show it.

You also stated..."Also you do not know what hard economic problems I have or other things that going on with my family."

- What's that have to do with overdrafting your account?  Are you saying that your family or economic situation should give you the right to overdraft it without penalty..because that is sure how you are coming off.

As to a few of your other statements.

- So are you saying that even though you were stupid you are still right and they should give you the fees back?  Also, since you are in sales.  Just how far does your "The customer is always right go"?  Say you are selling TV's and a person buys a 70" HDTV on the Saturday before the Super Bowl.  Now say that person returns the TV on the monday after the Super Bowl saying that it just didn't fit in their house.  So do you give them all of their money back?

If you have a problem with the number of branches they have why are you even still with them before this incident?

You complained about the web site being case senstive...well sorry to tell you but that is how 99.999999999% of the web sites are.

You also for some reason don't think that they are a Credit Union.  Well a Credit Union is a Non-Profit orangaization.  Where the "members" are the owners.  But that doesn't mean they are a charitity.  By the way..at an actual bank that $30 NSF fee would have been about $33-$35.

But then you end your update with "You should refund the other 5 NFS fees."..So they refunded the other 5..that is more than most other Banks/Credit Unions will do.   Most will allow you only 2 NSF fees refunded.

Update

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

RE: Checking Account

Went in to the branch to dispute what happened and the account rep did address my concerns. The account rep did go into the bank manager's office. The bank manager did not come and talk to me; instead I heard him say “If every customer comes in always to dispute NSF fees because they cannot manage their accounts …….” Well I like to tell you Mr. Account manger you do not know me. Also you do not know what hard economic problems I have or other things that going on with my family. You should take responsibility for your actions when you say I cannot manage my account. One: only one branch in Boca Raton and West Boca. The branch is a walk-in with like drive thru tellers very impersonal never have I seen a bank like this.  Also you so call share branches charge a dollar a transaction and also if you use shared branch’s ATMs too. You do have 7-11 that have and ATM with Credit Union access but sure enough a transaction fee deposit or withdrawal $1.00 or more. Two: On-line banking another if you state it is easier or was more user friendly it would be great. Wait I will go to a branch no do not have one in Palm Beach County.  Three: Also you’re not a credit union you’re a bank just not a credit card company. So, I understand fees make money for banks also you have to pay for the state of the art walk-in drive thru teller style location. I work in sales I know we all talk about are customer weather stupid or not the customer is right. If you going to say something about your customer you should have had the common courtesy to tell me yourself not talk loud enough  from another office so I could hear you. You should refund the other 5 NFS fees.

edited

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

Also your on-line banking is very case sentivie and you accidently type something in wrong your block and I get e-mails of notification I can not access.  Because of your blunder 10 NFS Fees of $300 were charged to my account. You call you self a credit union and your open to the general public does not matter if your in a company union or not. You sould refund all my NSF charges to my account but I guess your not really a credit union are you. If you want to be the Walmarts of banking your doing a great job.  Thank you,