Complaint Review: Spain Loteria - UK National Lottery - Microsoft Corp - Streetwise Courier

• Submitted: Thu, October 09, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, October 09, 2008

• Reported By:Channel Islands Other
Spain Loteria - UK National Lottery - Microsoft Corp - Streetwise Courier
Uk Nat'l Lottery Head Quarter's Inc. Suite 7610, Coborn Hse, 3 Coborn Rd, Docklands, London, E3 2DA & Street Wise Couriers/Logistics, 96 Sunwest Way, Internet United Kingdom

UK National Lottery - Microsoft Corp - Spain Loteria - Streetwise Courier Scam - Spain Loteria, I was Emailed stating "Winning Notification" where my email had been the "lucky" address pulled from a Computer Draw held in Spain 08 - I had won a Cash Award of 350,000 / 475,000. Another Email stated the draw was in conjunction with Microsoft Email Lottery Awards Sponsored by Bill Gates and Consortium of promotional software companies Intel Group, Dell, Toshiba, other International companies. Madrid & London Internet

I first received an email from Esther Vasquez regarding an Official Winning Notification - it appeared quite genuine as her address was microsoft - I replied "thanks, if this isn't a scam?!" - "No, it's offical you've won" I was emailed back almost instantaniously.

I was told by Celino Ramses that the Loteria in Spain had been enforced by the Microsoft Corp and Bill Gates, and screened by the UK National Lottery. I sent personal information of my name, date of birth, address and nationality and received further messages from Jeff Hess, Kenneth Rooney, UK National Lottery Head Quarters, and Street Wise Couriers/Logistics in how to claim the prize.

Although it's a lovely thought to win something especially a very large sum of money, I just couldn't believe I had won something and my curiosity got the better of me. I checked the link the fraudsters had sent me for their Citibank office in Madrid where my 'winnings' were being held - it just didn't look like an official banking website.

I also searched for info about the courier delivery company who requested I send payment upfront to deliver the winnings, Alarm Bells started ringing in my head and I could not find Street Wise Courier/Logistics on the web, no such address at the location I had been given.

I looked for scam reports if others had been seduced by this scam and found myself directed to the Rip Off Report website.

As per usual, another load of bo**ocks sent to the inbox to get you excited...about Nada!

Channel Islands
United Kingdom

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Microsoft

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2008 03:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spain-Loteria-UK-National-Lottery-Microsoft-Corp-Streetwise-Courier/internet/UK-National-Lottery-Microsoft-Corp-Spain-Loteria-Streetwise-Courier-Scam-Spain-Lot-379590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spain Loteria - UK National Lottery - Microsoft Corp - Streetwise Courier