Complaint Review: Spanish Mandarin Academy

• Updated: Fri, April 06, 2012

• Reported By: Spoken word — los angeles California United States of America
Spanish Mandarin Academy
1445 S. Roberson Ave Los Angeles, California United States of America

Spanish Mandarin Academy Iedia Hess, Vilma Tess, Vilma Montalvo, Carolina Tess de Perez Unlicensed Preschool near Beverly Hills, Calfornia Los Angeles , California

*Consumer Comment: It happened to me as well

*Author of original report: Spanish Mandarin Academy Iedia Hess, Vilma Tess, Vilma Montalvo, Carolina Tess de Perez, Kenyaa Carolina Hodson Unlicensed Preschool near Beverly Hills, Calfornia Los Angeles , California

The heater was broken and the thermostat read 54-57 degrees in November and December resulting in the students having colds and running noses for weeks at a time. There was also childrens cough syrup in the childrens reach next to the refrigerator that the children accessed independently. [continued below]....
.....

Pls call local CCLD
Pls call local Assembly personnel
Pls call Senators in your local district.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2012 12:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spanish-Mandarin-Academy/Los-Angeles-California-90035/Spanish-Mandarin-Academy-Iedia-Hess-Vilma-Tess-Vilma-Montalvo-Carolina-Tess-de-Perez-Un-838789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spanish Mandarin Academy

It happened to me as well

AUTHOR: me too - (United States of America)

Do you know anything else about this school?  Are they even there anymore?  I went by and the place was empty.

AUTHOR: Spoken word - (United States of America)

My child attended this school for approximately 3 1/2 months in that time was injured twice. Another student 6 yrs old had to tell me what happened to my child regarding the first incident. I was upset, I had to walk administration through the steps on proper protocol regarding incidents and reports.  Spanish Mandarin Academy also allowed an outside source to post the students pictures on the internet without the the parents permission and without a privacy lock. They didn't provide adequate curriculum, most of the worksheets came from workbooks from the 99 cent only store. Also staff only provided 30 to 45 minutes of 100% Montessori works. The heater was broken and the thermostat read 54-57 degrees in November and December resulting in the students having colds and running noses for weeks at a time. There was also childrens cough syrup in the childrens reach next to the refrigerator that the children accessed independently. Also we were locked in the facility because one of the staff left with the keys and the staff present did not have access to the gym locker lock on the back gate, it was later cut off using a bolt cutter. After experiencing this I extended my service to assist the school by volunteering. After I put a lot of my time. Nothing changing an the owner was hiring people from craigslist as sale closers to immediately receiving a promotion to admissions director the same day of hire. Too many red flags. The bottom line is the school does not have a license to provide care for children 4 yrs 9 mos and under according to the California Care Licensing Department, which I found out after removing my child. So no license on file with the state, no background checks on file for teachers or aides with the department of justice, no permits or license on file with building and safety, fire department or the city of Los Angeles. Spanish Mandarin Academy was cited for being unlicensed on 1/27/12 by the local CCLD office and personnel.  After the citation the schoolfinally filed for a license as of   2/10/11  which is pending and  can take up to 90 days to be approved. No one cares because these are children and not animals. Please learn from my hardships and protect your children at all cost. Ask for license and the license number when you take a tour at this or any other school, the information regarding daycare and preschool are available to the public at your local CCLD.  I wish I would have know prior to experiencing this situation. I have been harassed by a fake attorney representing the school at my place of business. My prior post was removed just for exercising my first amendment rights and attempting to inform and protect  the public about the unlicensed care being provided by Spanish Mandarin Academy. Also because of the shady involvements of individuals associated with the school, that I will not state because someone from there has already threatened to cause me bodily harm. Other parents and parents that toured the school are afraid for there safety so they chose not to post in fear of retaliation . My child and other childrens safety is always priority. Im here and will continue to advocate for the unspoken. Pls call local CCLD  Pls call local Assembly personnel Pls call Senators in your local district.

Individuals names associated with the school. Iedia Hess, Iedia Gorrell, Vilma Montalvo, Vilma Tess, Vilma Berroa, Carolina Tess de Perez, Carolina Berroa, Carolina Hodson, Carolina Tess, Kenyaa Carolina Hodson, Kenya Hodson