Complaint Review: Spano Plumbing Services

• Submitted: Mon, June 06, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, June 06, 2011

• Reported By: Patrick — New York City New York U.S.A.
Spano Plumbing Services
34 S. 6th Avenue Mt. Vernon, New York United States of America

Spano Plumbing Services Mr. Rooter Plumbing & Heating Fraudulent Services Mt. Vernon, New York

A plumbing technician was sent to my home, 05/03/11, for a estimate of installing a check vale in my bathroom sink because i explained some upstairs dropped a plumbing snake in the drain pipe and it wasn't allowing water to flow freely. He gave me a est. of $421. I told him that it was a bit much and i would see if i can have a relative do it. He said he can power jet the line but i respectfully declined. He wrote me out a invoice for $116, so i gave him $125 cash with tip.
  I spoke with a relative that works in sewer services a few days later and explained the service call and he told me that a service call with no work performed is free of charge. I called the company to ask how much it would be for a visitation/estimate and i was told free of charge unless any work is done.
 I contacted the company two more times by phone and sent a certified letter. I received a voice mail from the company telling me the charge was for diagnosis of the problem. I called back the next day only to get a secretary saying she would pass on the message.

I looked up this company on the local web and found a few complaints about their services.

Their technician did absolutely nothing and i was charged. Lesson learned. Filed complaint with BBB and NYS Attorney General and plan on taking them to court.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2011 03:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spano-Plumbing-Services/Mt-Vernon-New-York-10550/Spano-Plumbing-Services-Mr-Rooter-Plumbing-Heating-Fraudulent-Services-Mt-Vernon-New-737514. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spano Plumbing Services