Complaint Review: Spark Energy

• Submitted: Thu, May 12, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, May 12, 2005

• Reported By:houston Texas
Spark Energy
2603 Augusta Drive #1400 Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Spark Energy ripoff dishonest deceptive fraudulent advertising and billing Houston Texas

A vietnamese representative of Spark Energy had advertised me that his company will be able to beat other rates. He promised me a rate of 0.069% and 0.022%.

When I received the electricity bill the next month, the rate was not what he promised. I calculated the usage; the 0.069% rate is correct, but the 0.022% increased to 0.037%. Yes, the cost of an electric bill is depended on usage, but the rate should stay the same.

I called to complained about the rate, they rudely responded to that this 0.022% rate never existed. The manager said, "did you get it in writing? My employee would never lie like that, "with a very abrupt and mean voice.

This company lied by advertising false information and have terrible customer service. No one was willing to hear me out. Now I am stuck to a 36 months contract because of someone's greed to make money. My two month's bill is now $920.15.

My old energy bill for two months is only about $400 max. I don't know what else to do. They refuse to cancel my service. I feel that I have been taking advantage of. Spark Energy conducted themselves in a very unprofessional manner.

Chi dai
houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2005 08:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spark-Energy/Houston-Texas-77057/Spark-Energy-ripoff-dishonest-deceptive-fraudulent-advertising-and-billing-Houston-Texas-142446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spark Energy