Complaint Review: Spark Energy

• Updated: Wed, September 16, 2009

• Reported By: Casey — Sugar land Texas USA
Spark Energy
www.sparkenergy.com Internet, Texas United States of America

Spark Energy Residential Electricity Provider SPARK Energy, sparkenergy.com, customercare@sparkenergy.com Spark took out an extra debit from my checking account - paying them twice for one month's bill. They have not returned the money 6 days later. Internet, Texas

I opened a new Bank account, so entered my new debit card # into Spark's system to schedule my october payment. I had already made a check payment for September. The day after my check payment was processed they processed the same amount to my debit card - over $600 for one month of electricity..

I found out my account was overdrawn when at the grocery store my debit card was declined - and i had a cart full of groceries. I went home, logged into my bank account, and identified the double SPARK ENERGY payment. I called Spark Energy right away - about 3:30 Houston, TX time. I was told the only thing they could do is start a process that would return the money to me in 3-5 business days, but since it was after 2:00 PM (Their business hours) the clock wouldn't start until MONDAY. I explained this is ALL the money I have and need it for groceries, gas, and critical medicine. Sorry they say, nothing they can do but the process..

I called my bank for help. I was told that if Spark would fax a letter to Chase, stating that the debit authorization was no longer needed, and the reason, that the money could be back in my account within 6 hours..I called Spark back with this info - still Friday afternoon. NOPE. They can only go through their process of 3-5 business days. WELL I"M SORRY BUT I NEED TO EAT AND USE MEDICINE EVERY DAY - including Insulin. That second Spark service rep I spoke to did put me on hold for a bit, but came back with the same answer. Can't help me.

Six days later I am out of money, out of insulin, and out of gas in my car. I could walk to the grocery store using my walker to help, but I don't have money for the medicine.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2009 09:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spark-Energy/Internet-Texas-/Spark-Energy-Residential-Electricity-Provider-SPARK-Energy-sparkenergycom-customercare-495693. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spark Energy