Complaint Review: Spark Innovators

• Submitted: Sat, October 27, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, October 27, 2012

• Reported By: Craig — new bern North Carolina United States of America
Spark Innovators

Spark Innovators getcafecup.com Dishonest Advertising, does not allow you to confirm before you buy Internet

I saw the ad for the Cafe Cups offer on television.  It was a typical as-seen-on-tv commercial where it read you can get 2 for the price of 1 ($9.99)-  just pay seperate shipping and handling.  It didn't explain how to get the second one very clearly, so I place 2 in my cart.  On the website, it has you select a quantity and then enter your billing and shipping info.

It walked me through about 5 screens asking me to add on more stuff or upgrade my order or upgrade the shipping to expedited (because it says typicall shipping takes 3-6 weeks), but I declined all that because I was in no rush nor did I want to upgrade.  I chose next and the next thing I knew my order had been placed and it totaled $49.94!!  There was no order review screen to tell me exactly what I was getting or paying before it just submitted the order.  I knew I would have to pay a shipping charge (which they never claimed what that was ahead of entering your billing info). [continued below]....
.....  So now I have to wait & see what happens next as I will keep checking my credit card on line (nothing has shown up yet) & try to call them tomorrow to see if I can cancel the order. I don't even want them now as I am so disgusted as to their practices that they can keep the order now & they can give me my money back.  Beware of companies like this that are misleading on their websites & that don't allow you to confirm your purchase before actually buying.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2012 06:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spark-Innovators/internet/Spark-Innovators-getcafecupcom-Dishonest-Advertising-does-not-allow-you-to-confirm-befor-961023. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spark Innovators