Complaint Review: SparkChess

• Reported By: anonymous — Santa Cruz California United States of America
SparkChess

SparkChess Cheaters Chess Platform Oslow, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: We're actively punishing cheaters

Yes there are cheat codes for Spark Chess no doubt.   Numerous times I have been frozen from moving a specific piece for a huge advantage. There was no potential check when I would have moved that piece.

Their awarding points for a competitors loss is capricious.  I have played people with huge accounts (over 2500 points).  They resign and I get NINE POINTS.

Their artificial intelligence is great.  BORIS is exceptional.

Their multi-player set up is HORRIBLE for some of the reasons listed here.

The way it is set-up for an initial account, It is clear that those players with huge points in their account got  those points by feeding themselves points from other accounts they held.  They cheat.  I have played huge accounts and they are no better than the small accounts.

They have disconnected me twice today in the middle of high point games when I had a huge advantage and then just kicked me off for playing too much or beating their higher point players

Sparkchess never responded when queried about why I get nine points when I had a player resign with over 2040 points like happened today and at numerous other times.  They have never responded when asked to clarify other problems.   I advise not to buy their software.

PLAY ON AN HONEST CHESS PLATFORM

Below is my last email to them.  .

Ok that is it.   You disconnected me just after I took a dudes queen for a huge advantage in a high point game.  You did this twice to me today and a dude who had 2040 points resigned and I got nine points.

This is now going on the internet. I am done with your cheap smack crap.   Later days for your corrupt little system.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2013 05:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SparkChess/internet/SparkChess-Cheaters-Chess-Platform-Oslow-Internet-1013156. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SparkChess

We're actively punishing cheaters

AUTHOR: Armand Niculescu - (Romania)

Frustrating as it may be, cheating in online games is a fact of life and cheaters are infinitely creative, even when no financial gain is at stake. All online games have this problem, even companies like Microsoft and EA are struggling with it and are banning hundreds of thousands of cheaters.

For SparkChess Multiplayer we tried to keep it simple. It is true that some people have abused it but our support team is always taking complaints very seriously. Abusers have been banned and had points subtracted.

Since 2015 we have overhauled the scoring system with a new, Elo-based one, making cheating much more difficult. It is still an ongoing battle.

I should stress, for those who may not know, that there's no "ripoff" involved. The multiplayer service is free and no money is won/lost by playing SparkChess.