Complaint Review: SparkChess

• Reported By: Robert — Bakersfiled United States of America
SparkChess
Internet Norway

SparkChess Very Strange They Are Oslow, Norway Internet

Lately I have noticed rip off reports about Spark Chess.  I wanted to add my piece to this.

As noted in the other reports there is something wrong with their scoring systems and how they give points to players.  It seems true that people cheat allot and Spark Chess does little to stop it.  The serious chess people I know are very displeased with Spark Chess and I assume they will stop using it.

One person told me that they figured out that those who bought the software where dinged for less point when they lost or resigned than those people who did not own the software.  Several of us have shared notes on this and it is true.

The foregoing is true by statistical analyses.  I noticed that one person was always receiving nine points when someone resigned to him/her. The magic number for me was the five points I received when someone with a massive amount of points resigned to me.  When I resign Spark chess takes at least one hundred points from me.

As noted in other reports, their support is not good, even for those who own the software.  These issues are very odd for a company that can design artificial intelligence or design chess engines they use for players to compete against their computer players. One hopes that they will correct the problems.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2013 03:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SparkChess/internet/SparkChess-Very-Strange-They-Are-Oslow-Norway-Internet-1016021. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SparkChess