Complaint Review: Sparkletts Water (DS Waters Of America)

• Submitted: Thu, October 09, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, October 09, 2008

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Sparkletts Water (DS Waters Of America)
5660 New Northside Drive, Suite 500 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Sparkletts Water (DS Waters Of America) Beware of Sparkletts' Deceptive Practices Phoenix Arizona

Well, this is the first I've had to do this, but if nothing else, to warn others to BEWARE of this seemingly "refreshing, convenient and affordable" service.

I live in an apartment complex and two cute Sparklett guys were knocking on doors in the middle of our AZ summer offering a "promotion"--buy two 5 gallon jugs of water, and get two free, along with a free filtration system. It seemed like a great idea and cost effective, as I am a single mom, and always buying the large packs of bottled water at Costco and having to carry it, along with my son and everything else got to be a bit heavy.

So I signed up, stating that I probably wouldn't need more water until the end of the year (it was August). They said "no problem" and told me that a driver would stop by and leave a schedule for me to fill out to let him know when I'd need more water and how much. I was told the cost was $13-something for the two jugs and then I would only be billed monthly $3 for the filtration system rental.

Less than a week later, I never received any paperwork to fill out but had two more large jugs of water waiting at my door when I came home from work. I thought, "oh, how nice, those guys decided to leave me some free water." HA.

A few weeks after that, I recieved a phone call from whom I recall to be a driver, asking if I needed water, to which I responded "NO, I am good for the rest of the year- I still have 6 jugs of water and it's just me!" I came home to find another jug waiting for me.

Then, to my surprise, I recieved a bill about a month later for $42. I called the Customer Service line and told them that to my knowlege, I should only be charged the original $13 (oh! and that original number was changed to $16 because apparently they charge you for gas for their truck to come out there!) plus maybe $3 for rental and that I should not be charged for what I did not order. They were not very helpful-- they said that since the water is considered a food item I could not give it back and I had to pay them. The only thing they said they could do is put my account on "Hold" for a month. I told them several times that this is quite fraudulent, and VERY different than what I was told when I signed up. The rep didn't seem very concerned and would not budge in taking away any of the amount due.

It is October now and I still have 4 jugs of water. I would NOT recommend this service as apparently they can leave any amount of water bottles with you and you have to pay for them. Ridiculous!! No where else would anyone be expected to pay for something they didn't request! And I still haven't received that schedule!

DH
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2008 04:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sparkletts-Water-DS-Waters-Of-America/Atlanta-Georgia-30328/Sparkletts-Water-DS-Waters-Of-America-Beware-of-Sparkletts-Deceptive-Practices-Phoenix-379845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sparkletts Water (DS Waters Of America)