Complaint Review: Sparrowgrass Poetry Forum

• Updated: Thu, July 28, 2011

• Reported By: RippedOff — Grande Prairie Alberta Canada
Sparrowgrass Poetry Forum
dept 203 diamond st Sisterville, West Virginia United States of America

Sparrowgrass Poetry Forum Sparrowgrass Poetry Forum is a money-grabbing fraud, poets beware!!! Sisterville, West Virginia

Once a new poet, I often entered poetry contests and won, but when I saw another contest through Sparrowgrass Poetry Forum where I had a chance to win $500 in 1999, this seemed no different. Was I wrong! I entered a poem and was soon notified that I had not won but had placed in the top poets and my poem was to be published in a collection. I was given the option to purchase the collection at $96 plus shipping each. I bought 2.

I opted to send a money order as the option was that or by credit card, which I did not feel comfortable doing at the time. When I recieved nothing in 3 months after sending them money, I contacted my postal outlet where they confirmed that the money orders had both been cashed. I had my reciept, but there was nothing I could do. So, I tried contacting Sparrowgrass to see if something was wrong, my books ended up somewhere else, but no. No one would answer me or reply.

I find out later from a friend that the same thing with the same company happened to her in 1996. My biggest concern is that these crooks could have sold the rights to my poetry or published it in someone else's name etc. I'd love to see them try because I have all copyrights to my poetry! Please beware of these scammers, and to end with a cliche', when something seems too good to be true, your probably dealing with Sparrowgrass Poetry Forum!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2011 10:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sparrowgrass-Poetry-Forum/Sisterville-West-Virginia-26175/Sparrowgrass-Poetry-Forum-Sparrowgrass-Poetry-Forum-is-a-money-grabbing-fraud-poets-bewa-757931. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sparrowgrass Poetry Forum