Complaint Review: Spartan Movers

• Updated: Sun, March 10, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Beaver County Pennsylvania United States of America
Spartan Movers
9009 Broadview Road Broadview Heights, Ohio United States of America

Spartan Movers John E Scordos Moving company serving Western PA, OH, & FL Broadview Heights, Ohio

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: false information

My family hired "Spartan Movers" to move. We were quoted $275 for the first 3 hours and $79 for every hour after that. We were quoted 2 men with a 24 foot truck. Everything was verbal... Verbal agreements SUCK!!!! How can you expect anything to go right without something in writing I was so disappointed with this moving company... I am still sorting our belongings and I am finding that the Man and kid that seemed to tag along, for what, I have no clue... MY 14 YEAR OLD SON HELPED MOVE... What the hell is that???

When I tell someone to place all of our stuff in one place... I expect it to be there... And what is it with moving companies taking an hour to go not even a mile...??? Anyways, we did NOT get a 24 foot truck... It was a 10 foot Uhaul truck... What the hell is up with this???? Then, when I call John (who was not present) and tell him that his man & his helper only had a 10 foot truck he says to me that they could make trips... and he would take the taxes off and try to help me out by cutting off some of the cost of the hours that went over.

I knew that this move would not have taken all that much time. At the new place, we are finding our stuff EVERYWHERE... Heavy cartons on top of glass and fragile items... Obviously these people do not know what the hell they are doing... DO NOT USE THEM!!!!! WHEN YOU NOTICE THAT THINGS ARENT AS THEY APPEAR WITH THESE MOVERS, YOU WILL UNDERSTAND... TREAD LIGHTLY OR NOT AT ALL!!!!

SPARTAN MOVERS SUCK!!!!!! IF I COULD SUE THEM I WOULD..... BUT HOW FAR COULD YOU GO IN COURT WITH A VERBAL CONTRACT... TALK ABOUT $300 WASTED!!!!ON MY END, NOT TO MENTION THE $275 MY MOTHER HAD TO PAY IN ADDITION TO RENTING A UHAUL OF HER OWN & HIRING THE GENTLEMAN THAT ACTUALLY KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING THE NEXT DAY FOR $150.... THAT IS A LOT OF MONEY....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2013 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spartan-Movers/Broadview-Heights-Ohio-44147/Spartan-Movers-John-E-Scordos-Moving-company-serving-Western-PA-OH-FL-Broadview-Height-1026569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spartan Movers

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

false information

AUTHOR: SPARTAN - ()

Yes I will agree the truck was smaller than anticipated.  Due to 3 wonderful young teenagers spray painting and graffitting our normal 24 footer we had to rent the only box truck available which was a 17 footer. I am deeply sorry but with the situation at hand I tried my absolutely best. Please dont forget to mention the 25% discount.