Complaint Review: Spca Of Monore, Connecticut

• Submitted: Wed, March 11, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, November 10, 2012

• Reported By:Southbury Connecticut
Spca Of Monore, Connecticut
359 Spring Hill Road Monroe, Connecticut U.S.A.

SPCA Of Monroe, Connecticut SPCA of Monroe CT....takes applications FEE, yet never contacts possible adopter Monroe Connecticut

*Author of original report: Fred Acker spca of monroe

I was also never contacted regarding adopting a dog from the Monroe SPCA. I applied many months ago, and submitted an online application, along with a $20 adoption fee. According to the application....someone would contact me soon after paying the FEE.

Its been months now.....never heard a word! I don't have a clue why they would turn us down. I have emailed them several times, and just keep getting the runaround. It is just my husband and myself at home. We have owned dogs all our lives....we are true dog lovers! Our last dog died, after a brave battle with kidney failure! We were devasted and lost! We applied here at the SPCA, after seeing so many dogs there without homes.

Let's see why we may not have been approved........we own our own home on 2 acres. We have a huge fenced in side yard, so the dog would never be allowed to roam free. We are a middle age couple, with no children at home. We walk 3-5 miles per day, every day. We take our dog on all vacations, as well as doggy fairs, outings, parks, etc! I work from inside the home, only two hours per day, so I am home all day with the dog. I can provide vet references going as far back as 20 years! My current vet knows me on a first name basis. The dog would be loved and pampered. I have worked with rescue groups for years, as well as doing part time dog training. Ok....so, what item above has excluded us from having one of their dogs??

I feel so bad for all the dogs there....that do not have loving homes. yet, here we are waiting to adopt, and no one will even call us back! What is going on there?

Casey
Southbury, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2009 09:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spca-Of-Monore-Connecticut/Monroe-Connecticut/SPCA-Of-Monroe-Connecticut-SPCA-of-Monroe-CTtakes-applications-FEE-yet-never-contac-433290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spca Of Monore, Connecticut

Fred Acker spca of monroe

AUTHOR: Casey - (U.S.A.)

I was also never contacted regarding adopting a dog from the Monroe SPCA (fred Acker). I applied many months ago, and submitted an online application, along with a $20 adoption fee. According to the application....someone would contact me soon after paying the FEE.

Its been months now.....never heard a word!  When I emailed the monroe SPCA, Fred acker replied.....he did not like my attitude  and would not let me adopt a dog!    I guess being persistent in my desire to own and love a dog, is NOT a good thing, as far the the Monroe SPCA is concerned.    I don't have a clue why they would turn us down.

It is just my husband and myself at home (no children).   We have owned dogs all our lives....we are true dog lovers! Our last dog died, after a brave battle with kidney failure! We were devasted and lost! We applied here at the SPCA, after seeing so many dogs there without homes.

Let's see why we may not have been approved...........we own our own home on 2 acres.   We have a huge fenced in side yard, so the dog would never be allowed to roam free.  The dog would be in inside dog....never being out in the fenced yard by itself, or for long periods of time.     We walk 3-5 miles per day, every day. We take our dog on all vacations, as well as doggy fairs, outings, parks, etc!    I work from inside the home, only two hours per day, so I am home all day with the dog.   We are financially well off.     I can provide vet references going as far back as 20 years!
My current vet knows me on a first name basis.

The dog would be loved and pampered.    I have worked with rescue groups for years, as well as doing part time dog training.

Ok....so, what item above has excluded us from having one of their dogs??

saline