Complaint Review: Special T Travel

• Submitted: Tue, May 29, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, July 12, 2007

• Reported By:La Pocatiere Quebec
Special T Travel
5050 South Us Highway 17/92, Casselberry, Florida U.S.A.

Special T Travel On the edge of being scammed...need to keep my credit card full! Casselberry Florida

*Consumer Comment: new Employeee of special t travel , some questions about it's legitamacy........

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Greed

*Consumer Suggestion: So a little voice said "Don't give them the CC number"? But then you did anyway? Why?

They called me yesterday may 28th around 6:00pm, a girl told me I won an FANTASTIC CRUISE TO BAHAMAS!!! Over 2000$ value!

I asked right at first if I needed to provide my creditcard number, the answer was additionnal info on the cruise. After 5 to 10 minutes of flashy details she finally get to the point and ask me my Visa number, of course I refuse, and she tells me that they are approved by Visa. While she continues to try and convice me, I remember that my card is full at the moment...So I finaly give her my CC number. She says my card number is not good, I laugh and say its full. She ask me how much time until I have the 499$. I say a month at least and we agreed on speaking again June 28th.

Now the question is, if I keep my credit card full or almost, they wont be able to get money from me right? I think I could help this cause maybe by recording the next call (28/05/07) and asking key questions.

Reply to this to give advice on my maybe-not-yet-desperate situation. Be quick, crime doesn't wait.

Jerome
La Pocatiere, Quebec
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2007 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Special-T-Travel/Casselberry-Florida-32707/Special-T-Travel-On-the-edge-of-being-scammedneed-to-keep-my-credit-card-full-Casselbe-1029069. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Special T Travel

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

I am " employee " of special T travel. i have been wondering since i saw some ex-employees, employees response if they had any information for me. i use the term employee loosely.

A friend of mine who has in the past owned , operated and successfully run a call center or 2 out of his home, cam across this company , everything seemed legit so the boss opened an at home inbound call center with them. a few things seemed off to me from the start but it has just become more and more out there.

First off boss has to pay them daily ALOT of money to advertise for them via- a phone recording that uses a recording of his own voice. they have a list of suggestive messages for the boss but other than providing the autodialing service, they don't seem to offer much else.

2nd we do not log into there website at all. we only use it as a marketing tool, as in we tell people to take at look at it . i would think we would be logging in somewhere if where selling vacations for them. we have a script that was faxed to my boss and copied. that is all. but then again.

specialty travel apparently does not need to know our names , how many employees work at the call center, anything.

we do have a recording program that records the end of a sale where credit card information is collected.

my boss was instructed to that he would be given commisoions and to divide it up however it seemed fair, so there are no paychecks given to us, just cash that comes from the boss. don't get me wrong i do like cash payments.

all this seems odd, i am kinda thinking a legit company would want to know who is accepting there customers credit card numbers.

not only am i wondering the legitmacy of what were selling, but, if anyone actually does make a sale will we even get paid, or will this be like the envelope stuffing scams, where for some reason there will be all sorts of hidden fees cutting into commisions , or maybe for some reason the sales will never be acceptable for some reason, therefore no commision.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Greed

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

I was the former National Marketing Director for Special-T-Travel from "98 to '00. During my tenure there Special-t-Travel had 3 complaints to the State of Florida Department of Agriculture (The licensing agency you should file all complaints with) while travelling thousands of customers during that time

After my departure the company began recording HUGE numbers of complaints with the State of Florida. After I left, the company departed from it's standard operating practice and began using all the telemarketing techniques that the rest of the scum use.

I would advise anyone not to use Special-T-Travel for any vacation needs as you can tell by their track record with the state they are unscupulous business practitioners.

If you have any doubt got to the State of Florida Department of Agriculture and check out the number of complaints.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

Oh, well.

Contact your CC bank and talk to them about blocking any charges from your new good-buddies at "Special T Travel ".

And what is that 'full CC' costing you? A 'full CC' will KILL your credit rating, as well as run up high interest and big fees, so your "solution" of keeping a "full CC" sounds like a really bad idea to me.