Complaint Review: Special T Travel

• Submitted: Tue, October 05, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, February 01, 2005

• Reported By:Cerritos California
Special T Travel
5050 South U.S. Highway 17-92, Suite 101, Casselberry, FL, 32707 Casselberry, Florida U.S.A.

Special T Travel Scam artist, liars and cheaters! Rip-off! Casselberry Florida

*Consumer Comment: I almost got the same crap form Special T Travel

Short and not so sweet. This bunch is definitely out to take your money! Don't be fooled by thinking you have won a travel shopping spree with this company, on the internet, or any place alse they may show up. Others and I, we have spoken with, fell for the same scam.

We received a pop up saying: Your Today's Winner! You have won an $1100.00 Travel Shopping Spree. Call within the next say 5 minutes, and you will also receive an added bonus of a 4Day/3Night Bahamas Cruise Vacation! OPERATORS STANDING BY-CALL NOW.

We called, and spoke with a man saying we won a 5Days/4Nights in Orlando FL., a 4Days/3Nights accommodations in Daytona FL., a 4Days/3Nights Cruise and stay in the Bahamas, and a bonus of 3Days/2Nights in Las Vegas, and a rental vehicle, with unlimited miles, up to 14 days. Also, you have up to 18 months to book your trip.

He told us all we have to do is pay $598.00 for the Florida Hotels, Cruise Port, Bahama Hotel, Las Vegas Hotel, and Car Rental Taxes. This $598.00 would cover everything he told us.

So we did. But when it came time to receive all the paper work for this, it was really too late to cancel, without losing a good amount if not all of the money. We decided that we would go on this vacation in the future, so we put the paper work aside for the time being.

Fourteen months later we started planing the trip, and started reading the paperwork. And what we started to read in this paper work, made us want to ask some questions. So we called. And were told that we were assigned someone to answer our question, and book our trip, and not to call back, they will call us.

Well it was getting very close to the 18 months that we had, to book the trip, and no one had called. So we called again, and we were transfered to someone that told us, the person that was assigned to us was very busy, and she would book our trip.

Now we wanted to book the trip, but we had questions. And when we started to ask the questions, all we were being told was: we can not answer them questions. Then we were transfered to another person. And the same thing. We ask the questions, we get the same answer, and get transfered again.

Now the biggest question that we wanted answered was, why did they need more money for the taxes that we already paid for? And if this was a $2000.00 travel trip we won, that one of the ladies told me before transferring us, show me where and how they are paying this money. We were told we pay so much, and they pay the rest.

What they really do is just take your money, the $598.00 of ours, then send the paper work, which asks for more money to pay for the Cruise Port Fees, at $900.00 more, and then tell us we have to pay the Hotel Taxes at the hotels, the car rental taxes when picking up the car, and you only get it for 7 days. They tell us that this $900 is refundable if I wish to cancel this trip atleast 30 days prior to travel, which I did. Now I am being told that this is NOT refundable and will only be adjusted against future travel, this is inspite of categorically checking up at the time of booking the travel dates since we were not very sure.

To make matters worse, nobody would ever call back to our responses and their response gives me the impression that this is what it is do what you can. There's absolutely none/manager or anybody who we can speak to and resolve this amicably. My big suggession to anybody is DO NOT USE these theives, they are one of the biggest scamsters I have run into. Cant believe in today's day and time someone can be so blatanly lying and scamming

Sanjeev
Cerritos, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2004 11:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Special-T-Travel/Casselberry-Florida-32707/Special-T-Travel-Scam-artist-liars-and-cheaters-Rip-off-Casselberry-Florida-111535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Special T Travel

I almost got the same crap form Special T Travel

AUTHOR: Mariah Ann - (U.S.A.)

I was supposed to have made reservations with Special T Travel for Spring Break vacation in March. Luckily, I come across this rip off site about them and so now I am aware of any foul play.

Indeed, there is foul play so I cut them off right away!!

Please read my rip off article... dated 2/1/05.