Complaint Review: Special T Travel

• Submitted: Thu, June 14, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, June 14, 2007

• Reported By:Listuguj Quebec
Special T Travel
5050 South Highway 17 - 92 Casselberry, Florida U.S.A.

Special T Travel, Travel Partners Jensen Beach I got caught in the popup scam from Special T Travel on May 18, 2007 at 11:48 a.m. Florida time. Casselberry Florida

I got caught in the pop-up scam from Special T Travel on May 18, 2007 at around 11:48 a.m. Florida time.

I listened to a representative's complete itinerary of a Bahama cruise with a $3000.00 discount but I had to pay $498.00 US funds to get the deal. I was skeptical at first but after the representative told me that the agency was registered with the State of Florida as a seller of Travel, registration No. ST-23944. I took the bait and authorized them to pay the $498.00 US funds through my American Express Card.

I was informed that I would receive my holiday package to my shipping address I provided within 10 to 14 business days. I was also informed that I had 30 days to cancel if I chose to do so with a complete refund.

While I was waiting for my vacation package, I realized that they were a lot of hidden costs and I had to fly to Florida to get the vacation package. It was then I decided to canel my package and wrote Special T Travel on May 29, 2007 to cancel the vacation package according to the consumer's right to cancel under Section 559.927, Florida Statues "Specil T Travel, Inc. is registered with the State of Florida as a seller of travel, Registration No. 23944.

YOU MAY CANCEL THIS CONTRACT WITHOUT ANY PENALTY OR OBLIGATION WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE OR RECEIPT OF THE VACATION PACKAGE CERTIFICATE, WHICHEVER OCCURS LATER. YOU MAY ALSO CANCEL THIS CONTRACT IF ACCOMMODATIONS OR FACILITIES ARE NOT AVAILABLE PURSUANT TO A REQUEST FOR USE AS PROVIDED IN THE CONTRACT. IF YOU DECIDE TO CANCEL, YOU MUST NOTIFY THE SELLER IN WRITING OF YOUR INTENT TO CANCEL BY RETURNING THE CERTIFICATE AND SENDING NOTICE TO: Special T Travel Service, Inc. 5050 S. U.S. Hwy. 17-92, Ste. 101, Casselberry, Florida 32707. "NO PURCHASER SHOULD REPLY UPON REPRESENTATION OTHER THAN THOSE INCLUDED IN THIS CONTRACT".

My vacation package was post marked on May 22, 2007 from zip code 32707 and I received it in June, 2007. However, I had written a letter as I previously state on May 29, 2007 to cancel 11 days after I purchased it on May 18, 2007.

After receiving my letter, I received a phone call from a representative from Special T Travel and asked me why I cancelled. I told her that they were too many hidden costs and I didn't have anyone to go on vacation with. She just hung up on me before I could ask her when I will be credited the amount of $498.00 US funds to my credit card.

Today, June 14, 2007 in the a.m. I called Special T Travel to inquire why I was not yet given credit for my deposit. She told me that it would take about 10 -14 business days before that is processed.

However, after reading a lot of complaints about Special T Travel from consumers on line throughout the world, I know that I probably will never get my refund back. But I will continue to wait until the 10 - 14 days are passed to see if I get credited which will be about June 28, 2007.

I just don't understand why Special T Travel continues to stay in business if the Florida Better Business Bureau has received so many complaints of rip-offs from this company for the past several years.

I would appreciate your assistance in getting my refund of $498.00 US back from this agency since I was within their cancellation period policy.

Anthony
Listuguj, Quebec
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2007 11:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Special-T-Travel/Casselberry-Florida-32707/Special-T-Travel-Travel-Partners-Jensen-Beach-I-got-caught-in-the-popup-scam-from-Special-254466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Special T Travel