rank

• Updated: Thu, February 04, 2010

• Reported By: Colleen — Wodonga Other Australia
Special-T-Travel
Internet, Florida United States of America

Special-T-Travel I was contacted by phone and offered a "great 2 week vacation" . My husband and I foolishly believed what we were told and paid US $998 which we have not been able to get refunded. Internet, Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Im sorry...

We did not receive the promised package and when we looked at the details of our package online we realised it was for only 10 nights not a full 2 weeks and we were going to have to pay for extras. I immediatley contacted then on 7th october requesting a refund. I have been repeatedly contacting them and phoned them on 17th october and was told the request for a refund had been put it . Then in November that a second request for a refund was being put through.

I phoned them in December and was told that the second request hadn't been acted on and that she was immediatley requesting the refund to be done. Still no refund.

Does the US have a place for consumer complaints like we have in Australia ( Dept of Fari Trading), were I can legally pursue this?

Would appreciate any advice. Colleen

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2009 06:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Special-T-Travel/Internet-Florida-/Special-T-Travel-I-was-contacted-by-phone-and-offered-a-great-2-week-vacation-My-husb-546537. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Special-T-Travel

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Im sorry...

AUTHOR: B1rdman - (USA)

to hear about this...but you are not only one...there are over thousands of people like you who fell for the trap and lost money.

i used to work for the company several years ago. Very scamming people and they made us believe that actually customers were getting good deal but to find out its all rip off.

if you didnt file a dispute with ur credit card company within 30 days then you are out of luck..

many ppl have filed with bbb and state here but no help. this people will never stop scamming others till they die. if there is anything else you would like to know just write here