Complaint Review: Special children's Christmas party

• Updated: Tue, February 05, 2013

• Reported By: Anon — Brisbane United States of America
Special children's Christmas party
Suite 3a Redland bay rd capalaba Internet United States of America

Special children's Christmas party Special children's Christmas party Claims to represent variety whilst calling asking for donations from my business Brisbane, Internet

I received a call yesterday from this company that I have in fact been " sponsoring" for many years now , due to the current downturn in business I had some time on my hands and as I found it odd that the conversation was littered with the names of charitable organisations I took it upon myself to do a little digging on the above name company myself . A call to variety themselves was my first port of call and the young girl who answered could neither confirm nor deny that these people were in fact an arm of their organisation which I found quite odd , they also could not direct me to any people who could confirm this for me either .
Due to my sponsorship and beliefs that this was in fact a charity for many years I have also been as many businesses do claiming this as a part of my yearly tax deductions , I now am of the belief that I have in fact been fraudulently claiming said payments .
How many other Australian and I believe also New Zealand based companies have done the same thing I wonder ?
Surely I cannot be the only trader who has questioned and uncovered this practice and how many other businesses such as this are getting away with doing the same thing ?
I take pride in my Australian beliefs , this is not the Australian way surely ? Children with special needs are being used as a cover in my opinion to make what are no doubt massive profits , as usual our government turns a blind eye .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2013 08:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Special-childrens-Christmas-party/internet/Special-childrens-Christmas-party-Special-childrens-Christmas-party-Claims-to-represent-1009565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Special children's Christmas party