Complaint Review: Special-t-travel

• Submitted: Thu, August 28, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 28, 2008

• Reported By:lewes Other
Special-t-travel
www.special-t-travel.org , Florida U.S.A.

Special-t-travel have taken money from my VISA account before i have agreed to accept the package offered to me over a phone call Florida

I was phoned in the late evening of Monday 25th Aug 08. The representative ( a Donna Wilson)from special-t-travel had somehow found out about a mistake i had made 5 years ago with another USA travel company. Special-t-travel were offering me to recompense the money i had lost with this other company by giving me a holiday. She said all i had to pay was 218.00 extra plus tax for the cruise to Bahamas. She asked me for my VISA details for admin purposes and She led me to believe that no money would be taken until i had received the proposed package in the post in the next 2-4 weeks and signed an agreement.

However i have checked my VISA today and found that the 218 has been taken. I have looked at the company's track record and realise that they are disreputable and that i do not want the holiday package offered. It would seem that this travel company specialises in fast sales talk in out of business hours hoodwinking customers into handing over card details without fully informing of extra costs once holidays have been taken.

I am about to inform them of my decision but wanted to log my complaintwith you. I have read several reports by unhappy customers of Special-t -travel. I am amazed that they can still operate this sort of underhand business.

Kate
lewes
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2008 07:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Special-t-travel/Florida/Special-t-travel-have-taken-money-from-my-VISA-account-before-i-have-agreed-to-accept-the-367728. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Special-t-travel