Complaint Review: Specialty Cars of Sarasota

• Submitted: Fri, September 28, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, January 31, 2013

• Reported By: Don — Clearwater Florida U.S.A.
Specialty Cars of Sarasota
7150 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarassota, FL 34231 Sarasota, Florida United States of America

Specialty Cars of Sarasota American Classis car sales Mileage 54266 Actual 119677 Car not Quality Restored Repainted Rust Bucket Car caught fire upon starting Sarasota , Florida

*Author of original report: same crooks new name new address

*Consumer Comment: just extra information

*Author of original report: Dealer responds with a laugh

*Author of original report: A convict may be your classic car salesman

*Consumer Comment: Beware of these guys!

On Sept. 21, 2011 I entered into a contract to trade my car and $4000.00 for a quality restored, laser straight 54266 original mile 1969 AMX. When car came drove up street and battery exploded and car died. Called dealer [ since we could both change mind if didn't like trade] I said what happened and would pay for transport back. He laughed and said he sold my car without unloading and his car made it off trailer that's all it had to do. As for mileage that's also too bad he uses the florida exempt title. He is new to Ebay [ hasn't sold a car thru them, using the trade angle to save paying fees] but I doubt he will last long. The feedback system gets rid of the bad dealers doing illegal paperwork. He also never sent new tag I paid for and even overchared on taxes. Please don't make a mistake with this new pop up dealer. I'm out $23,900.00 on a car that will be parted out because of the rust on unibody I believe car unsafe to drive and I wouldn't want to be responsible for someone getting injuried.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2012 05:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Specialty-Cars-of-Sarasota/Sarasota-Florida-34231/Specialty-Cars-of-Sarasota-American-Classis-car-sales-Mileage-54266-Actual-119677-Car-not-948171. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Specialty Cars of Sarasota

same crooks new name new address

AUTHOR: Don - ()

American Classic Car Sales

1683 Cattleman Road

Sarasota, Fl, 34232

That is the latest name and location for Specialty Cars and Daniel Lussier. Keep looking here I will try to keep you readers ahead of them so they don't rip you off as they did me

just extra information

AUTHOR: John - ()

I just did a search and noticed that Dan now has a blog.

It can be found at http://danlussier.blogspot.com

Otherwise, you can also search Dan Lussier blogspot on google and it will come up. It seems that he is happy that he has such a wonderful wife, if only his wife knew he ripped people off selling these cars.

Dealer responds with a laugh

AUTHOR: Don - ()

After 7 months the owner of Specialty Cars left me a phone message that he heard I was unhappy with my purchase. As I stated here and to him car caught fire [ within 10 minutes of dropoff] and unibody rusted, so car unsafe so sold car at a huge loss for parts or restore. I also mentioned that my trade which could not be returned to me because it was sold,he now had listed on ebay for almost 30k, after putting on new wheels, tires and bumpers.He was surprised I had watched his ebay that long to catch him in another lie. He did mention they are moving again. Now with new name and address they can start a new set of BBB complaints and Department of Highway safety reports. He offered me no compensation whatsoever, so I guess the only reason he called was to brag that he screwed me and others and is doing well. So if you have money to burn buy from them, or whoever they will be next week.

A convict may be your classic car salesman

AUTHOR: Don - (U.S.A.)

You may have noticed that Specialty Cars or Daniel Lussier have not responded to this report because it is all true  and they are hoping it will just go away. They will just keep changing dealer and website names to steal your hard earned money. Daniel learned how to legally steal from you while he was in prison so please don't even contact them about a car because it will be a low mileage junk or worse. He is now selling on ebay to friends [ except cars don't sell] he has them leave him positive feedback [ to improve the few sales he had negative] and relists. He trys to do most sales offline so less evidence to report. Well I hope I have saved at least 1 buyer from making the mistake I made and buying a classic car from a newly released convict!

Beware of these guys!

AUTHOR: Daniel Lussier - (United States of America)

Google this guys name ! Daniel Lussier<<<<< is the name behind American Classic Cars Sales he was CONVICTED of over 800k in Classic cars Fraud , the owner of this company was arrested last week on grand theft please warn everyone about this group this is the kind of dealer who make Classic cars have a bad name