Complaint Review: Specialty Merchandise Corporation

• Submitted: Thu, March 19, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, March 19, 2009

• Reported By:Ozone Park New York
Specialty Merchandise Corporation
13230 San Bernardino Ave Fontana, California U.S.A.

Specialty Merchandise Corporation SCam Artists I can't believe they actually get away with it Fontana California

When something seems to good to be true it usually is. I spoke to my coach for the first time today and decided to Cancel right away. First he talked in circles so I could loose focus on the big picture. When I realized what he was saying and confronted him he became annoyed and rude. Basically they give you 30 days to cancel but by the time you get your kit and talk to your coach you have lost at least 2 weeks. Then all he spoke about was that he recomended that I upgrade my website package to A website that would cost me $4000. So I asked what happen to just paying the $30 monthly charge for the website, the membership fee and renewal yearly fee. He proceeded to say I wouldn't make any money if I didn't upgrade. I was so confused. Then he decided to tell me that anyone that made there first purchase would need a gift card. So then I asked him then how would a customer reach my store online he said they wouldn't unless I upgraded my website. When he realized that I wasn't falling for it he then all of a sudden started to rush me to make a decision because he needed to speak to his next appointment. I told him that I realized what the catch was and I was going to cancel & I hung up & immediately called the member line followed the prompts to cancel got a recording & followed the steps. Beware you have to call the Merchant account company to cancel seperately if they've charged you already there is no refund I was lucky enough to cancel in time. Don't be fooled by there favorite line that they wouldn't have a celebrity on there infomercial if it was a scam. Well Guess what it is a scam!!!!! I will be the first one in line tomorrow at the post office to return my kit along with my lawyers business card.

Ida
Ozone Park, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2009 08:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation/Fontana-California-92335/Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation-SCam-Artists-I-cant-believe-they-actually-get-away-with-435798. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Specialty Merchandise Corporation