Complaint Review: Specialty Merchandise Corporation

• Submitted: Mon, May 01, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, May 01, 2006

• Reported By:Peabody Massachusetts
Specialty Merchandise Corporation
3230 San Bernadino Avenue Fontana, California U.S.A.

Specialty Merchandise Corporation ripoff Fontana California

I wanted to start a home business. I got a call from SMC, it all sounded good. I reveiwed the package they sent and decided it wasn't for me. When I called to say I wanted to send it back they gave me a hard time. I called a second time they said it was past 30 days and I could not send it back. I was using a credit card to pay for the membership by the month and they told me I was locked in and they were going to continue to take payments from my card. I then cancelled my credit card and stopped them from getting any more money. They called Me about my home business and I told them I didn't have one. The man on the phone told me I did and he was calling for me to buy something else, I hung up. Yesterday I recieved a letter from a collection agency trying to collect what they think I owe them. I am not paying them. I never sent the kit back because they wouldn't give me a return number. If they want their kit they can refund the payments they took from me.

Donna
Peabody, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2006 09:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation/Fontana-California-92335/Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation-ripoff-Fontana-California-189375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Specialty Merchandise Corporation