Complaint Review: Specialty Merchandise Corporation

• Reported By:CORCORAN California
Specialty Merchandise Corporation
smcorp.com Internet U.S.A.

Specialty Merchandise Corporation SELL SELL SELL Fontana Internet

Ok, I signed up with SMC, and just a day later found out about this website from someone who left a report on BBB linking to here. And I was just looking to see what the BBB said about them. Boy did that turn out differently!!

Well, I don't actually have a full complaint against them... yet. I have just started the cancelation process. And may have screwed it up. I refused the membership package. Yikes... Hopefully I didn't screw myself. I just finished sending an email to cancel the website. I did call to try and cancel over the phone, but the woman just wanted to SELL, SELL, SELL. She wouldn't listen. So I finally completely cut her off and told her "NO!" and she sent me to some automated thing lol.

Its funny. After reading alot of the complaints on here, alot of them said its impossible (near anyway) to get with your coach. I had already refused the package a few days earlier. I hadn't tried to set an appointment with my coach, because obviously I wasn't going to need to. Umm yeah.. he called ME yesterday. I was more than a little suprised lol.

So, the day I cancelled (read- the day I refused the package) I called my bank and cancelled my debit/credit card. Well I called my bank again today, because I am still paranoid after all I have read. I wanted to make sure the 1st charge was my card and not my checking account, she said it was my card. But the next thing she said got me scared again...

She said sometimes that companies will go ahead and schedule future payments on the cards. So that even if the card is cancelled it can still go through. Now I don't understand how this can be done, or would even work. But now I am fearing I may need to close my checking account. Have any of you know them to be able to charge on cancelled (not closed accounts, cancelled) cards?

I don't know how anyone can answer this question for me, as I cant put my email address. I just signed up, so I don't know if we have some kind of "inbox." If you use Twitter, my name on there is the same as here...

Twiztidrose
CORCORAN, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2009 02:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation/internet/Specialty-Merchandise-Corporation-SELL-SELL-SELL-Fontana-Internet-435707. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Specialty Merchandise Corporation