Complaint Review: Spectra Financial Benefits

• Submitted: Mon, April 04, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, April 04, 2005

• Reported By:Sioux Falls South Dakota
Spectra Financial Benefits
100-A Walnut St. #252 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Spectra Financial Benefits ripoff, credit card fraud, took money and didn't send credit card, kept lying and putting things off. Champlain New York

Not sure what day they called me--but they called to offer me a unsecured credit card, 3 yrs 0% interest, $2000 credit line. I have bad credit, so it sounded good. All they needed was a one time fee of $249.00 to be automatically taken out of my checking account. Set up a date for it to be deducted--Feb 10th, and it was actually taken Feb 14th, 2005.

They said that I was to receive the card in 10-15 business days from the time of the debit. That was to be March 4th 2005. So I called and it hadn't come yet. They said that it can take up to 25 business days. So, that was March 18th, 2005. Still no card. So I called again. They said that the computer said that it was sent out and that I was to recieve it the first part of the next week.

So on Sat, April 2, 2005, I get a package from them. It had a couple brochures, and a couple letters. One letter stated that I should be receiving the card in 25 business days from receiving this letter. The other letter said that I have to fill out the application included (there was no app included!), send it in, and then would recieve the card in another 2-3 weeks. So I called today, and they must only have 1 person answering the phone, because it is either busy or I get the voicemail.

So I looked up Spectra Financial on Yahoo, and I come up with this website, and other complaints. So I called my bank, they looked up the check, and it was cashed at a bank in California. Spectra is in New York state.???

They told me to come to the bank, get copies of it front and back, make copies of everything for my files, then to go to the police station and file a charge of fraud. Once I have the files from them, to take copies to the bank and they will sort it out, put stop payments on, and request the money from the bank in California. I will let you know what results I get.

Kathy
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2005 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spectra-Financial-Benefits/Champlain-New-York-12919/Spectra-Financial-Benefits-ripoff-credit-card-fraud-took-money-and-didnt-send-credit-ca-137508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spectra Financial Benefits